Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

It seems they’re in the process of clearing the entire (formerly) North Park Village senior community, which has been empty for a few months. They’ve shredded basically every tree on the land. I hope what they’re building there is worth it, I used to live right near there and I loved the giant, old, beautiful shumard oaks that dotted that area. Plus there were several healthy young white ash trees, which are critically endangered. I’m kind of bummed about this.

“Many of these trees were my friends. Creatures I had known from nut and acorn.” 

3F22ACE2-EE86-4762-8940-E68F94F6420C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

The Hub at 607 will be 4 story mixed-use project at 607 Due West Avenue in a partnership between Goodpasture Christian School and Samaroo Development Group.  The first phase will feature 115 residential units, covered parking, and a pool. It will get underway in the next 6 months and be completed by mid 2024. 

A second phase of construction, planned to start upon completion of the first, is still in the works. Samaroo said it is planned to be a larger version of the first phase — more apartments and more mixed-use space.

Total cost will be $24 million, and is being partially financed by Shakleford Capital.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/06/02/115-apartments-planned-for-madison.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/madison-prepped-for-mixed-use-project/article_e6a63b0e-e5af-11ec-a537-47f58335b58b.html

Hub at 607 Due West, June 2, 2022, render.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Hub at 607 Due West, June 2, 2022, site map.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 12.37.23 PM.png

• Like 2

Markham Place (2 & 3 stories, 101 townhomes) update: some portions are topped-out.

Looking SE from JR Wauford Company surface lot, south of Lebanon Pike, 1/2 block east of Donelson Pike:

Markham Place, May 28, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Lebanon Pike on driveway up the hill into the complex, 1/4 block west of Stewarts Ferry Pike:

Markham Place, May 28, 2022, 3.jpeg