Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Hope it has the same cool vibe as the original on 8th.

Hope they can also replicate the neon BASEMENT sign that always has a few letters flickering or burned out. One night I drove by and 3 letters were out so the sign read, SEMEN. Cracked me up.

Probably was made to be intentional as a rubber-necker...

-==-

• Like 1

The Loaves and Fishes will be moving from  Main Street to another location. I gave that info to WW. Hopefully he will have the story. I was told the location will be out of downtown, but I forgot where! In any case, the rumor of a developer buying up parcels on the south side of Main Street across from me may have some validity.

It appears 6th and Main is dead for now. The developer cannot secure a construction loan. Another rumor is that he will sell the land and we get a retailer like Trader Joe's on the lot instead, but that is just rumor at this point.

The town homes at 801 Main never got past the tree removal. Maybe they are waiting on permits.

That is all for now.

• Like 1

The Loaves and Fishes will be moving from  Main Street to another location. I gave that info to WW. Hopefully he will have the story. I was told the location will be out of downtown, but I forgot where! In any case, the rumor of a developer buying up parcels on the south side of Main Street across from me may have some validity.

Can't say I will miss it. Ministering to the homeless is a noble thing, but the trash, noise and other grit that they leave behind around our property ruins any goodwill they might have earned. (Someone on our FB page said they are moving to "Two Rivers", though I'm not exactly sure what that means.)

It appears 6th and Main is dead for now. The developer cannot secure a construction loan. Another rumor is that he will sell the land and we get a retailer like Trader Joe's on the lot instead, but that is just rumor at this point.

Strange! I noticed the survey markers recently and thought it was moving along, just a little slower than expected. If it's to be retail one day, it still has to abide by the street frontage rules in place now, so we at least won't have to worry about a massive parking lot out front.

I've noticed activity really picked up there lately. They graded months ago, and my storm structures were delivered back in October and have been sitting topside ever since. They finally got my structures under ground last week and it looked like they were gearing up. This is positive news for the neighborhood. I just hope the final product is good.

There is chatter on the Inglewood FB page that the old bank at 3904 Gallatin will turn into a Plasma donation center. 

Can anyone confirm or deny?

I heard it was going to be another Neighborhood Health Clinic like the one that is sandwiched between the old Worms Way building and the Amp apartments on Main Street.

Edited by TnNative

Permit pulled for the small condo development at 801 Main Street next to the church. Permit pulled for a two building, four story high condo development at 3823 Gallatin Pike in Inglewood. Should be striking in that stretch of road (hopefully in a good way). Also noticed, for any DYIer's, a new Harbor Freight is coming to Rivergate (or moving from Donelson?).

Edited by TnNative
  • Like 1

Is there any news about 918 Main St, the black cinderblock building? I always thought that bldg/location had a ton of potential. And looks like they're building out / rehabbing space between Anode and Vibrance in the strip right next door...not sure if it's a general reno or if a new business has leased it

Does Allen own all that land, or is that land in some current ongoing state of being negotiated in sale?  He seems to, according to NBJ.  A huge chunk of that property (properties) appears to remain very active industrially, although the railroad team tracks north of the Cherokee Marine Terminal (almost directly on parallel with Taylor Street on the West Bank) appear no longer to have (recently) served the northern-most reaches of those businesses, and the tracks can be disposed of if customer demand desists.  Frequently I have witnessed a railroad industrial switcher serve the East Bank almost daily on both sides of Jefferson Street, and still a bunch of modern warehouse distribution activity remains in the proposed chunk, which makes that a lot businesses which would have to get their hats and "get lost".  I also wonder about the short-term prospect of the industrial park properties south of the proposal and Jefferson Street.

So even if this is only "envisioned", I wonder just to what extent of fruition this conception could be expected to become transformed.  Even Chicago itself has a number of riverside industries strewn along some "near" portions of the DT Chicago River on the north branch.  Of course, even long lease contracts can be broken easily, it seems.

-==-

Well, it certainly has some suburban aspects to it, I will agree. It may not be an urban utopia, but let's consider what's there. A few heavy industries, Sound Check and some superfund brownfields. The area is pretty cut off from the surrounding areas by the freeways, so it's very doubtful that it could ever become (without the wholesale demolition of the freeways) a walkable, self servicing neighborhood. I don't think its a particularly exciting proposal, but I think it's 100% better than what is currently there. I would rather see medium density development, with riverfront greenways and restaurants, than pollution and crime ridden brownfields any day of the week.

• Like 2