The Milk District

RedStar25

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Ask I read through the post, and knowing who the author is, I was wondering when (not if) I'd get to the obligatory Biden blaming. 

Because, let's just ignore all the other outside factors involved.

And of course, the "nice guys" who run corporate America would never stoop to taking advantage of the news regarding inflation by engaging in artificial price hiking a bit for the sake of some good old fashioned profiteering.

Noooooooooo.  

Never.

They're just nice guys and gals who only want us to save our money!!!!  :thumbsup:

Now apply that concept to when Dems are in office and the gun show fervor that ensues (or gun purchasing fervor in general). The merchants really paint a bleak picture to drive demand.  I guess I would too if I was a vendor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Now apply that concept to when Dems are in office and the gun show fervor that ensues (or gun purchasing fervor in general). The merchants really paint a bleak picture to drive demand.  I guess I would too if I was a vendor.

Yep.

"Them Demmycrats are gonna outlaw all gun and ammo sales in 'Murica!!!"

Then comes the big run on guns and ammo and the dealers all cash in.

A year later, gun sales are just like they were, but the dupes who ran out and stocked up are perfectly happy because... more guns!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Ask I read through the post, and knowing who the author is, I was wondering when (not if) I'd get to the obligatory Biden blaming. 

Because, let's just ignore all the other outside factors involved.

And of course, the "nice guys" who run corporate America would never stoop to taking advantage of the news regarding inflation by engaging in artificial price hiking a bit for the sake of some good old fashioned profiteering.

Noooooooooo.  

Never.

They're just nice guys and gals who only want us to save our money!!!!  :thumbsup:

Yes, all the liberal corporations like Target, Amazon, etc have joined together to try to make Biden look bad, and would never consider doing that to make Trump look bad! /sarcasm

The government inflation data is, by its very nature, delayed from what happened in the market. Its a measurement of inflation in the past, not what it is "today", because it takes time for all the price data and such to be collected and averaged. From, at least my field, inflation has continued to get worse in recent months. Even Biden has admitted that his "Inflation Reduction Act" was poorly named because it actually increases inflation, but according to him, its well worth it for the environmental benefits.

Supply and demand and basic economics dictates that companies can't artificially increase prices for any significant amount of time, unless the government steps in to prevent competition. If a company tries to artificially raise its prices, competition will swoop in and undercut the incumbent in price, bringing prices right back down to what they were very quickly. Otherwise, why wouldn't all companies just raise prices all the time?

1 hour ago, aent said:

Yes, all the liberal corporations like Target, Amazon, etc have joined together to try to make Biden look bad, and would never consider doing that to make Trump look bad! /sarcasm

The government inflation data is, by its very nature, delayed from what happened in the market. Its a measurement of inflation in the past, not what it is "today", because it takes time for all the price data and such to be collected and averaged. From, at least my field, inflation has continued to get worse in recent months. Even Biden has admitted that his "Inflation Reduction Act" was poorly named because it actually increases inflation, but according to him, its well worth it for the environmental benefits.

Supply and demand and basic economics dictates that companies can't artificially increase prices for any significant amount of time, unless the government steps in to prevent competition. If a company tries to artificially raise its prices, competition will swoop in and undercut the incumbent in price, bringing prices right back down to what they were very quickly. Otherwise, why wouldn't all companies just raise prices all the time?

How's about you repost this ^^^ in one of the appropriate political threads over in The Coffee House? 

I'm not going to take part in derailing an urban development thread with politics, which most of the other members are not interested in and don't want to be bothered with.  

Forum decorum. 

55 minutes ago, FLClarkKent said:

You can also get a decent hot dog at TooJays. So between it, Primrose Lanes, and Hot Dog Heaven, can we know designate this part of town as the Dog District, Weiner Ward, or Frankfurter Fields? Really hard to beat these meats! Take that, Cock Block. 

The Sausage Sector? :P

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FLClarkKent said:

You can also get a decent hot dog at TooJays. So between it, Primrose Lanes, and Hot Dog Heaven, can we know designate this part of town as the Dog District, Weiner Ward, or Frankfurter Fields? Really hard to beat these meats! Take that, Cock Block. 

Doesn't District Dive have a Hot Dog Cart Called District Dogs?

image.png.b44398e461c31737d26304b2182e92a5.png

It is! 

I miss the Home Depot Hotdog cart.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Yep.

"Them Demmycrats are gonna outlaw all gun and ammo sales in 'Murica!!!"

Then comes the big run on guns and ammo and the dealers all cash in.

A year later, gun sales are just like they were, but the dupes who ran out and stocked up are perfectly happy because... more guns!!! 

It's true... I cannot deny it because I've lived it.  Sometimes I feel like everything everywhere is nothing more than sales.  It's like that movie..."ABC" = always be closing.  Yes, Glengarry Glenross...  always be closing. 

11 hours ago, codypet said:

Doesn't District Dive have a Hot Dog Cart Called District Dogs?

image.png.b44398e461c31737d26304b2182e92a5.png

It is! 

I miss the Home Depot Hotdog cart.

sauagae_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZtCYETgbJpeodZvpVX1ETFMkBj1PteR-EVVPD9C0NMI.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Groundwork is going on at the parcel just north of the Murphy Bed place.  I feel like I recall some apartments going there.  Also the Milk Stacks are going to be starting the 2nd floor pretty soon.  I'll have  to remember to get pics.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, codypet said:

Groundwork is going on at the parcel just north of the Murphy Bed place.  I feel like I recall some apartments going there.  

The sign says Davila Homes, but I didn't see anything on their website about this projects. Seems like they mostly do single-family? Maybe I read it wrong. 

On 1/3/2024 at 4:18 PM, orlandocity87 said:

The sign says Davila Homes, but I didn't see anything on their website about this projects. Seems like they mostly do single-family? Maybe I read it wrong. 

I don't remember the details, but at some point maybe a year or 18 months ago there was new activity on the permits.  When I was ED at The Milk District, I tried getting in touch with the owners to see if they'd be open to a PD and plan amendment to include live/work units facing Bumby. Phone went to voicemail and email bounced.  Hopefully this developer can get these built!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by Milk Stacks this week and it was pretty far along and 3 stories tall now.  It is also wood framing so it went up quickly. I did not see what looks like the Milk Stack tanks done yet. Don't know how they are going to construct that part to make it look real. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Drove by Milk Stacks this week and it was pretty far along and 3 stories tall now.  It is also wood framing so it went up quickly. I did not see what looks like the Milk Stack tanks done yet. Don't know how they are going to construct that part to make it look real. 

If you stand on Jackson, you can see a curved part of the framing so I assume they're just gonna clad that part of the framing with a metal sheething.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...