Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

You guys do have a little catching up to do. HR should already be blowing Richmond out of the water by just sheer numbers of people and cities. Height isn't that big of a deal to me, personally. Richmond doesn't need a Hummer to feel good IMO. It already has gerth :) Personally, I'd like to see all of Virginia's city's mature, which I think is beginning to occur. I'm happy for every area of the state that is growing up!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys do have a little catching up to do. HR should already be blowing Richmond out of the water by just sheer numbers of people and cities. Height isn't that big of a deal to me, personally. Richmond doesn't need a Hummer to feel good IMO. It already has gerth :) Personally, I'd like to see all of Virginia's city's mature, which I think is beginning to occur. I'm happy for every area of the state that is growing up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too! it seemed that we were tearing down alot more than we were building in the last couple of decades but you have to remember we do have alot of 20 story buildings spread out in this area. especially around any beach areas which we have alot of.

westin.jpgDSC02378.jpg

Doing a side by side comparison the new rendering looks quite a bit more elegant and you can notice the baige portion that is now missing on the bottom does wonders for this tower. It will look pretty neat on the skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like panel sections on the corners of the building extend all the way down in this latest rendering instead of halfway down in the old rendering.

It looks like panel sections on the corners of the building extend all the way down in this latest rendering instead of halfway down in the old rendering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right. I didn't notice that. I knew something was different. It gives the building a smoother appearance. The garage has been ever so slightly altered as well.

You're right. I didn't notice that. I new something was different. It gives the building a smoother appearance. The garage has been ever so slightly altered as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't notice the garage difference until you mentioned it. The entire Western wall is now brick-clad and more "solid" looking. Gives it a certain weight to the building and improves it... albeit slightly.

I just made that post a couple of minutes ago and look at all the replies. :lol: Nicely done Westin. I hope they keep that rendering up on the front page instead of the other one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too. And that is not the final rendering as Mr. Divaris says he is trying to get a retailer in the ground floor and that would change the facade of that part of the parking garage. I saw a sneak peek of that in his office and it really looked impressive.

So, um, I've just completed my stealth mission to HR. TC looks really sweat now that Cosmo is almost done. I like the view from the Best Buy parking lot. And where'd all these new hotels come from at the North Beach area of the Strip. Anyway, I now know why the Hilton garage cost $31 million: it looks more elegant than the Hilton itself. The Westin garage needs some of those design cues. Just like the Hilton garage, the architectural details don't need to be applied on the entire exposed garage facade. Two sides don't need facades: the east and south sides as the south side faces Dick's and its garage and the east side is partially covered by the conference center facade. The side facing the PAT will have the hotel and conference facades. Therefore, the only side that needs a facade is the Independce (west) side of the garage. Because Indy is a wide and heavily travelled road unlike the interior roads of TC, the garage is highly visible to passing drivers. Sprucing up that side shouldn't be too much especially if part of it is taken by the facade for the alledged large retailer.

So, um, I've just completed my stealth mission to HR.  TC looks really sweat now that Cosmo is almost done.  I like the view from the Best Buy parking lot.  And where'd all these new hotels come from at the North Beach area of the Strip.  Anyway, I now know why the Hilton garage cost $31 million:  it looks more elegant than the Hilton itself.  The Westin garage needs some of those design cues.  Just like the Hilton garage, the architectural details don't need to be applied on the entire exposed garage facade.  Two sides don't need facades:  the east and south sides as the south side faces Dick's and its garage and the east side is partially covered by the conference center facade.  The side facing the PAT will have the hotel and conference facades.  Therefore, the only side that needs a facade is the Independce (west) side of the garage.  Because Indy is a wide and heavily travelled road unlike the interior roads of TC, the garage is highly visible to passing drivers.  Sprucing up that side shouldn't be too much especially if part of it is taken by the facade for the alledged large retailer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what did you think of all the things happening here and did you enjoy yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, maybe I'm hallucinating but it looks like the nightime rendering of the Westin has been refined once again. I only count 36 floors but the building itself looks taller. It is either a close up or a rendering from a different angle, I just can't put my finger on it. Westin

The parking garage has also been refined. Maybe they are in final stages of signing the restaurant from California?? :shifty: And I only counted 31 floors.. surely not! I am gonna get more info on this and hopefully will know more soon.

The parking garage has also been refined. Maybe they are in final stages of signing the restaurant from California?? :shifty:  And I only counted 31 floors.. surely not! I am gonna get more info on this and hopefully will know more soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no way possible to only count 31 floors on that thing, especially when on the very next page they listed apartments up to the 33rd floor, and penthouses after that.

floorplans. You must have skipped all 5 floors of the garage to come up with that total :lol: .

Maybe it's just the night backdrop but it looks like they've taken the blue out of the building. The parking garage looks much better in this latest rendering. I too counted 36 floors but I'm probably just missing one somewhere. The lighting of the top of the building at night should be pretty cool.

Archived