Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

Well with the garage I now count 36.. but that is still less than 38.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Well it's a damn site better than 31 thats for sure. Not to mention, just counting the bottom floors next to the garage it is still 36, so i'm pretty confident about that figure. It also mentioned in some planning commission documents that it was 36 floors and 497ft but that was months before they announced it would be 37 floors and 508ft in the paper so i'm not sure whats going on with that. I'm not to concerned about that 1 floor but I'd like to see them at least touch 500 even. It's important to me for Virginia to have a 500 footer :) .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just the night backdrop but it looks like they've taken the blue out of the building. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure they still have blue tinted glass but you're right, that really won't show up at night too well. Still, I like this rendering much better than the last nighttime rendering. They're stepping in the right direction :thumbsup: (except on height :angry: ).

Still hoping it won't be bland white in color but being the rest of TC is I am not holding my breath.  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't. :lol: You'd surely collapse if you did. This tower will prolly be as white as snow. People are gonna start calling this place the Ivory city :rofl: . It's ok though, that suckers still gonna be tall.

I am gonna get more info on this and hopefully will know more soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you do ask them if they've nailed down an exact construction start date or groundbreaking ceremony. If not exact then at least down to the month. Fall is a big season so when they say groundbreaking in fall I wanna know if this is something coming soon or later in the year.

When you do ask them if they've nailed down an exact construction start date or groundbreaking ceremony. If not exact then at least down to the month. Fall is a big season so when they say groundbreaking in fall I wanna know if this is something coming soon or later in the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought they said they would be starting on this in August or something to that time frame? What happened? :(

I counted 31 plus that bottom mess, so its probably 36 from what I can tell. Also, I really like that night shot. Despite my dislike for the newer designs of this building, it has improved as of late and it looks nice at night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are 5 floors at the bottom (flag/brick portion) then 31 floors above that so I am sure its

36, plus they specifically state on the website that the regular apartments go up to floor 33.

Rus, to answer your question they said fall in one of the news articles. Council still has to vote on funding for the parking garage and that is supposed to happen this month. I imagine that groundbreaking will be soon after that is finalized, but I just want something more concrete than that.

There are 5 floors at the bottom (flag/brick portion) then 31 floors above that so I am sure its

36, plus they specifically state on the website that the regular apartments go up to floor 33.

Rus, to answer your question they said fall in one of the news articles. Council still has to vote on funding for the parking garage and that is supposed to happen this month. I imagine that groundbreaking will be soon after that is finalized, but I just want something more concrete than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I understand but who knows with the way things are going. Why would they loose floors on this thing? That sucks dude. Hopefully it wasn't drawn to scale of what it should be.

Yeah I understand but who knows with the way things are going. Why would they loose floors on this thing? That sucks dude. Hopefully it wasn't drawn to scale of what it should be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I made this post a while back in the thread and this should explain everything.

It never officially made it to 38, thats just what the guy from AH emailed me at the time. They officially announced 37 so even if they've gone to 36 they've only lost 1 floor. Also The condo portion was put at 120 all the way back in march, when they said it was 36. When they went to 37 it was still 120 condos which means to me that the portion that is varying the most is the hotel. This would make sense in that the hotel market can be pretty volatile and the addition of luxury Hiltons at both the Oceanfront and downtown may have them rethinking their increase from 216 rooms originally to 236. They probably dropped it back down to 216.

I made this post a while back in the thread and this should explain everything.

It never officially made it to 38, thats just what the guy from AH emailed me at the time.  They officially announced 37 so even if they've gone to 36 they've only lost 1 floor. Also The condo portion was put at 120 all the way back in march, when they said it was 36. When they went to 37 it was still 120 condos which means to me that the portion that is varying the most is the hotel. This would make sense in that the hotel market can be pretty volatile and the addition of luxury Hiltons at both the Oceanfront and downtown may have them rethinking their increase from 216 rooms originally to 236. They probably dropped it back down to 216.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or we could just be making a big deal over a rendering.

Or we could just be making a big deal over a rendering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their renderings have always been extremely accurate. Thats how we knew the building was increased to 37 when the pilot was still stating 30-32. (A good 2 months before the news media knew to be exact :lol: ).

The hotels at the oceanfront will be attracting different clients than that of the Westin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is only partly true. Remember, there is an extremely limited supply of luxury rooms in HR. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that these hotels would view eachother as competition.

Who are you talking to and what makes you think they will tell you what you want to know? :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's talked to Mr. Divaris on a couple of occasions has gotten detailed info for us on both this project and the citywalk development as well as info on the 4th office tower.

Well, I promised to never reveal my source but let's just say I have a good inside connection.  :P  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK and I know you have been to Dravis' office a few times but thats cool I understand and sometimes you can't post some things up here because people request that you tell no one. I think there are people that are on here and know alot of things that we desire to know but can't tell us.

Well, I promised to never reveal my source but let's just say I have a good inside connection.  :P  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops, sorry. :blush: But we've been told before anyway. Babs talks to him too, he is a very forthcoming and generous person.

Archived