Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a new sign up at the Westin site with a new rendering on it. I couldn't really tell if it was the exact same as the rendering in the papers or not because it was dark out but at first glance it appears to be.

There is a new sign up at the Westin site with a new rendering on it. I couldn't really tell if it was the exact same as the rendering in the papers or not because it was dark out but at first glance it appears to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw the sign too today briefly but it appeared to be the old rendering, which puzzles me but the address was the new one, residencesattowncenter instead of residencesatwestin.com.

After all the news from yesterday, you guys might finally have Richmond as a competitor for state's tallest. Not only are a set of 22+story towers rising in 2007, and a large scale mixed use on an entire city block, and Ghazi company's plans to spend $100 million+ somewhere in Richmond, there is apparently a 300+ condo tower in planning stages at the moment. We found out all this stuff in basically 1 day. So hopefully we'll be having a building boom across the state! Who will win?:)

After all the news from yesterday, you guys might finally have Richmond as a competitor for state's tallest. Not only are a set of 22+story towers rising in 2007, and a large scale mixed use on an entire city block, and Ghazi company's plans to spend $100 million+ somewhere in Richmond, there is apparently a 300+ condo tower in planning stages at the moment. We found out all this stuff in basically 1 day. So hopefully we'll be having a building boom across the state! Who will win?:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are just getting warmed up. Vabeach is just starting and Norfolk.....lets not talk about all that is planned there and there is so much that the city is keeping secret and lets not forget the 6 high rises planned in Portsmouth and oh that right there is Newport News. We have multiple Downtowns to rival Richmond.. :thumbsup:

I rode by the site in the daylight hours today and it appears to be this rendering.

westin.jpg

It appears that the baige portion towards the bottom has been changed to white though that may have been my eyes paying tricks on me. Garage is the same. Building looks a lot taller but thats most likely just an optical illusion from the rendering being on a life size poster board vice in a newspaper :lol: . I didn't have time to count floors because I was driving.

We are just getting warmed up. Vabeach is just starting and Norfolk.....lets not talk about all that is planned there and there is so much that the city is keeping secret and lets not forget the 6 high rises planned in Portsmouth and oh that right there is Newport News. We have multiple Downtowns to rival Richmond..  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. We got more projects coming down the pike than you can shake a stick at. Granby Tower will be built damnit :angry: ! Not to mention all the projects that Rus just alluded too, a possible 40 story tower, a new 20 story one announced for the same area as Granby Tower, something in the works for Downtown Plaza, and a mixed use development that has yet to be announced that appears to be in the works over in the Radisson area. Congrats to Richmond, but don't count us out yet. B)

I rode by the site in the daylight hours today and it appears to be this rendering.

westin.jpg

It appears that the baige portion towards the bottom has been changed to white though that may have been my eyes paying tricks on me. Garage is the same. Building looks a lot taller but thats most likely just an optical illusion from the rendering being on a life size poster board vice in a newspaper  :lol: . I didn't have time to count floors because I was driving.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are indeed correct. Today I took a 2nd look on the way to work. That spire is kinda faint. :blush:

I also took a second look and it does indeed appear that the baige portion towards the bottom of the tower has been removed, making it look more uniform.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am quite confused now lol. I saw the rendering again but the top looks like the old rendering. Anyway, I am gonna take a pic so we can figure out the changes. :wacko:

I am quite confused now lol. I saw the rendering again but the top looks like the old rendering. Anyway, I am gonna take a pic so we can figure out the changes.  :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am certain i saw a spire on that sign. The crown is not on top.

Again, you are correct and I am wrong. It is prolly the heat.. whew its a scorcher out there. (gotta blame something).  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

westin.jpgDSC02378.jpg

Doing a side by side comparison the new rendering looks quite a bit more elegant and you can notice the baige portion that is now missing on the bottom does wonders for this tower. It will look pretty neat on the skyline.

Archived