Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this weeks Inside Business Mr. Divaris said that he expects to announce something big soon about what will happen on block nine, the lot across from the Westin. "It's going to be exciting," he said.

Hopefully it will be great news! Hopefully with Norfolk getting approved for LR, Vabeach will jump in and join in! LR from the Ocean front to TC to DT Norfolk is nothing but a positive thing!

I think block 9 is the block labeled "future development" which is kiddie corner to both PAC and Westin. If i remember correctly a mixed use development to include office on the bottom and condos on top was discussed for that block. I'll try to dig up more info.

Lets hope its something big and that Vabeach is considering Light rail as well to work with the Norfolk section. It talks as Norfolk sees Vabeach as a rival but I see the total opposite. Why does Vabeach turn down the LR collaberation with Norfolk? They need to think regionally on this and not cause Norfolk took off with it and that it would seem they agree with something Norfolk started.

I think block 9 is the block labeled "future development" which is kiddie corner to both PAC and Westin. If i remember correctly a mixed use development to include office on the bottom and condos on top was discussed for that block. I'll try to dig up more info.

Here you go! :D

Here are the Block 9 details as of a few months ago. If they're are indeed announcing something soon they may have upped the timetable a bit. I wonder what changed :blink: .

phase3.jpg

Lets hope so! Maybe they have some big clients to build up taller and push the date up!

That's what I'm saying. It's kinda earlier to be announcing something with a fall '08 construction start date. (That's 1 year after Westin is finished. :shok: ).

I don't think it's the "future development" block. I believe it is the block between the Westing and the Cosmo. If you count from the top left as I remember the blocks were numbered, there are 4 blocks on the top row, three in the middle, the westin is block 8 and 9 is the said block....yes, no?

As far as light rail goes. I think it would be great to see to go down to the oceanfront. But, wasn't it the citizens of Va. Beach who voted 'no' on the lightrail, not city coucil. I, for one, voted 'yes'!

If my memory is correct, city coucil wanted it, but there was vocal opposition, so they put a referendum to vote upon on a Nov. election years ago and the vote came back from the citizens as 'no' on the lightrail.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this was one thing city council was for.

As far as light rail goes. I think it would be great to see to go down to the oceanfront. But, wasn't it the citizens of Va. Beach who voted 'no' on the lightrail, not city coucil. I, for one, voted 'yes'!

If my memory is correct, city coucil wanted it, but there was vocal opposition, so they put a referendum to vote upon on a Nov. election years ago and the vote came back from the citizens as 'no' on the lightrail.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this was one thing city council was for.

They usually don't listen to them so why now? They didn't listen to the oposition of the Town Center Project! I don't think they will have much of a choice if they plan on building a Urban Waterfront and the TC. :rolleyes:

From city's site on TC, block 7 is Westin, block 6 includes the PAC as well as a 40,000 sqft building, and block 9 is between Cosmo and Westin. Block 6 stretches from Independence to Market Street. PAC should be on Indy and the office/retail building will form an L with the PAC and be on northeast corner of the parcel at Market and Bank. Block 9 has always been shown as some retail/entertainment plaza. Considering that the parcel size is similar to that on which Cheesecake sits, 75,000 sqft would mean 2 stories while 100,000 would mean 3 stories. There really hasn't been any change. According to the design specs, the Westin will be 34 stories.

They usually don't listen to them so why now? They didn't listen to the oposition of the Town Center Project! I don't think they will have much of a choice if they plan on building a Urban Waterfront and the TC. :rolleyes:

Urban Waterfront?

I don't think it's the "future development" block. I believe it is the block between the Westing and the Cosmo. If you count from the top left as I remember the blocks were numbered, there are 4 blocks on the top row, three in the middle, the westin is block 8 and 9 is the said block....yes, no?

The document I imaged above is taken directly from the development agreement and the information is specifically for that block bordered by the PAC and the Westin. Unless it's changed, which it may very well have been, I was under the impression that the block you refer to was gonna be left alone due to its current occupants. I'll check more, I believe that the agreement may have had a pictoral of blocks too.

<_<

In this weeks Inside Business Mr. Divaris said that he expects to announce something big soon about what will happen on block nine, the lot across from the Westin. "It's going to be exciting," he said.

One thought is maybe Parisian has decided to come to TC.

Its a hold out for more money. Once all of these projects are up and built the VP can get alot more incentives from the deal.

I agree. I highly doubt any offer is a final offer. Especially as TC builds out and becomes more successful. I would hope at some point the Pilot would decide to take an offer though the developer may have to offer more incentives aka cash.

The document I imaged above is taken directly from the development agreement and the information is specifically for that block bordered by the PAC and the Westin. Unless it's changed, which it may very well have been, I was under the impression that the block you refer to was gonna be left alone due to its current occupants. I'll check more, I believe that the agreement may have had a pictoral of blocks too.

<_<

I believe Metalman is right. Refer to my earlier post. The "future development kiddie lot" on Independence has been lumped with the PAC and includes a 40,000 sqft building. The lot between Westin and Cosmo is the 75,000-100,000 sqft mixed-use lot.

Archived