Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yeah, its a pile driver.  I still love the fact that the little house is standing, it is gonna be a sad day when they tear it down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way, that pile driver is now completely assembled on the Westin site. :)

I should really be saying this in the Westin thread but since we were kinda discussing it here I figured i'd just drop that little tidbit in here as well. Now, back to Va. Beach towncenter.

Beacon Building Proposal

AH is proposing buying the Beacon Building and providing office space for the Pilot in the Westin. The Pilot recently had the property appraised, which makes you think they might be looking to sell the property. They invested a good deal of money in 1998 for a renovation, but by the time the Westin opens that renovation would be 10 years old. The bigger sticking point is the visibility that the Beacon building provides. I think a corner 2 or 3-story office on Indy and Columbus would provide equally good visibility. They can have a set-up like WTKR has at AH Tower.

Also in the article is the Parisian market study that baobabs broke some time ago. Although it was done for Parisian, the study assessed the viability of TC as a upscale dept store location, so it could potentially be used by Bloomingdale's or Nord. I would assume Sak's won't be interested as they own Parisian, which is lower on the totem pole than Sak's.

Beacon Building Proposal

AH is proposing buying the Beacon Building and providing office space for the Pilot in the Westin.  The Pilot recently had the property appraised, which makes you think they might be looking to sell the property.  They invested a good deal of money in 1998 for a renovation, but by the time the Westin opens that renovation would be 10 years old.  The bigger sticking point is the visibility that the Beacon building provides.  I think a corner 2 or 3-story office on Indy and Columbus would provide equally good visibility.  They can have a set-up like WTKR has at AH Tower.

Also in the article is the Parisian market study that baobabs broke some time ago.  Although it was done for Parisian, the study assessed the viability of TC as a upscale dept store location, so it could potentially be used by Bloomingdale's or Nord.  I would assume Sak's won't be interested as they own Parisian, which is lower on the totem pole than Sak's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Hoobo, this was posted in the Westin thread already though this article fits squarely in both thread topics. I'm gonna go ahead and leave your post here but go ahead and discuss it in the Westin thread since there is already a disussion there.

Hey Hoobo, this was posted in the Westin thread already though this article fits squarely in both thread topics. I'm gonna go ahead and leave your post here but go ahead and discuss it in the Westin thread since there is already a disussion there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops. Sorry, didn't notice. I saw the last page of pictures, missed the page before discussing the article.

The building is pretty plain and really has nothing asthetically (sp) pleasing about it imo. With its location and the proximity to TC I bet Divaris is working hard to gain that property. Taco Bell is next!

Oh I know, nothing in the town center is really worth saving for architectural reasons, this includes the Pembroke Mall.

There will be a procedural vote in tonights council meeting to modify the existing borders of TC. This will be done so that earmarked Tif funds can be used for public infrastructure improvement and upkeep as new projects come online in the pembroke district.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went by and took a new pic of the Westin construction site. I counted roughly 45 piles had been driven so far so I guess we still have a ways to go.

DSC02531.jpg

Construction continues at the Cosmo. Looks like a lot of cleaning up has gone on lately and a lot of windows have been installed.

DSC02532.jpg

Today I went by and took a new pic of the Westin construction site. I counted roughly 45 piles had been driven so far so I guess we still have a ways to go.

DSC02531.jpg

Construction continues at the Cosmo. Looks like a lot of cleaning up has gone on lately and a lot of windows have been installed.

DSC02532.jpg

Is the Cosmo going to open ahead of Christmas time? I thought they would have had it initially finished on September, but guess the contractors are sitting behind schedule. I think it would be better if they finished Cosmo first then go ahead with Westin. Doing both projects at the same time really wastes time. <_<

The Cosmo was slated (last I heard) to begin receiving new tenants sometime this month but I am not sure exactly when. And since they are driving piles over on the Westin site they seem to chugging along. Some clean up seems to be occuring at the Cosmo site and hopefully soon they will begin having people move in.

Archived