News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

I dont know what they consider affordable but they dont need to be charging half the price that others are paying to live in the same buildings that is not fair, and those people are typically the ones that trash the places and I pay my share and half there share b/c my taxes are going to subsidize them living there. I have stated this before, if they want affordable make it affordable for someone that has a job, not someone that is jobless and lived on the streets, to be able to move into these places, i live at cityview and i am moving out soon, just bought a house downtown, im glad to be moving out of there, the price i pay compared to 50% of the people that live there is ridiculous. The businesses in the bottom of the building are not doing good, they need to just let developers build condos or apts and charge what they want for them. Obviously if there is no demand for low income apts then they wont build them, or shouldnt. THe government needs to stop putting its hands in my pockets so that poor people and live downtown and trash the place that they live in.

i agree that cityview is trashed on a regular basis and i hate to see it that way. but people like yourself have the luxury of affording more and have a lot more options at their disposal. it isn't like every apartment community is specifically for the financially challenged. these types of projects help the entire city grow instead of just a segment of its population. without these developments, we will see a deeper decline in the parramore area with a greater concentration of people relying on government support. crime, rift raft and vandalism does not know any borders so work to correct the problem instead of pushing it aside.

if you need a "quality" apartment, a friend of a friend is moving out of a 2 bedroom in thorton park, across the street from the Beacon. they are raising the rent to $1250. she'll be out in the middle of june.

on another note, what kind of financial assistance comes from LEED cert?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree that cityview is trashed on a regular basis and i hate to see it that way. but people like yourself have the luxury of affording more and have a lot more options at their disposal. it isn't like every apartment community is specifically for the financially challenged. these types of projects help the entire city grow instead of just a segment of its population. without these developments, we will see a deeper decline in the parramore area with a greater concentration of people relying on government support. crime, rift raft and vandalism does not know any borders so work to correct the problem instead of pushing it aside.

if you need a "quality" apartment, a friend of a friend is moving out of a 2 bedroom in thorton park, across the street from the Beacon. they are raising the rent to $1250. she'll be out in the middle of june.

Thanks, but i bought a house in the Thornton Park area, im fixing that baby up and moving in soon :alc::alc::alc:

Need to start a Verde page. These towers will really stand out when approaching from the Northeast side of town, coming down I-4. They will be a mile closer than the other tall buildings and will appear even taller.

Just think... , by fall we could have two sets af twin towers going up with each being over 400'.

if the tax break deal is the biggest issue here, then I see these bldgs. moving forward. based on my perception of the level of community involvement here from local leaders to get more people to move DT, I think the CRA will approve those breaks; it seems to be something that everyone wants.

and yes, the DT skyline will change dramatically coming from the north if these two towers get built. it will literally be like Atlanta's Midtown to their Downtown; similar distances but larger bldgs. of course.

I dont know what they consider affordable but they dont need to be charging half the price that others are paying to live in the same buildings that is not fair, and those people are typically the ones that trash the places and I pay my share and half there share b/c my taxes are going to subsidize them living there. I have stated this before, if they want affordable make it affordable for someone that has a job, not someone that is jobless and lived on the streets, to be able to move into these places, i live at cityview and i am moving out soon, just bought a house downtown, im glad to be moving out of there, the price i pay compared to 50% of the people that live there is ridiculous. The businesses in the bottom of the building are not doing good, they need to just let developers build condos or apts and charge what they want for them. Obviously if there is no demand for low income apts then they wont build them, or shouldnt. THe government needs to stop putting its hands in my pockets so that poor people and live downtown and trash the place that they live in.

Don't know if you guys realize this but all of City View is subsidized housing, not just 50%. 40% of the building is affordable and the rest attainable.

I posed this question before, how can you tell who trashes a building? I see a lot of younger kids living there (18-15). It very well could be them

Also, all tenants have to be credit worthy. I would think that means employed at a steady job. And this project will be high end. The developers are not going to let their buildin be trashed because then they will not be able to rent the higher end units.

Affordable towers planned in downtown Orlando

There is a picture on the first page of the Business section, but don't see it accompanying the article online. The $5MM is specifically to help city service workers such as cops, firefighters, nurses and teachers. It is coming from the Florida Housing Finance Corporation.

I'd post the pic, but (1) I only have a BW scanner and it really looks better with the green and (2) I always use imageshack and their site is down right now (or at least their front page for adding photos).

Don't know if you guys realize this but all of City View is subsidized housing, not just 50%. 40% of the building is affordable and the rest attainable.

I posed this question before, how can you tell who trashes a building? I see a lot of younger kids living there (18-15). It very well could be them

Also, all tenants have to be credit worthy. I would think that means employed at a steady job. And this project will be high end. The developers are not going to let their buildin be trashed because then they will not be able to rent the higher end units.

Well first of all i have seen it i watch the guys that live two units down from me throw glass beer bottles off the balcony and i see people kick the doors when they go from the garage to the building, i can see all the doors into the building on my end from my living room. i have sat there and watched people trash them, then you go out in the hall on sat and sun and there is puke on the floor in the halls and in the elevator. I see the people driving in the parking garage throwing their trash on the ground in the garage, playing there loud obnoxious music and i have have talked to two people that lie to live there and have false employment papers or family members fill out paperwork stating their income so they can live there. I LIVE THERE I KNOW WHAT GOES ON, I WATCH AND LISTEN, AND PICK UP OTHERS TRASH AND THROW IT DOWN THE SHOOT B/C THEY ARE TO LAZY TO OPEN A DOOR AND DROP IT IN THEMSELVES.

Sounds like a dormitory. The problem is with the college age cohort. Not to blame the early 20's crowd but this looks and sounds like what they would do. Maybe City View should ban all bartenders, anyone under the age of 25 and anyone without a fulltime job (to eliminate kids on their parents dime).

Sounds like a dormitory. The problem is with the college age cohort. Not to blame the early 20's crowd but this looks and sounds like what they would do. Maybe City View should ban all bartenders, anyone under the age of 25 and anyone without a fulltime job (to eliminate kids on their parents dime).

I think you're on the right track, but should probably restrict anyone over the age of 18 without a full time job with an exception clause that can only be overridden by interview with the county housing authority. For instance, if a child is 18 but will graduate from HS before turning 19, then that could be an exception or if a person over 18 is mentally or physically handicapped, then that could be another exception. In the case of a HS student, the panel could also see if the kid is a trouble maker by checking their arrest record.

New photo of Verde with 801.

Courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel

30029834.jpg

bulldogger is right-- great updated rendering w/801... ditto on the thanx for the post;

there should be a zoom out view of this so that Gateway Center and Sheraton are showing as well.

if those twins do get built, this will become another Thornton Park-like area. Citrus is already opened... wait until this breaks ground. there will be developers coming out of the woodwork trying to buld up the surrounding lots to take advantage of the influx of new residents. for all I know, they already have.

bulldogger is right-- great updated rendering w/801... ditto on the thanx for the post;

there should be a zoom out view of this so that Gateway Center and Sheraton are showing as well.

if those twins do get built, this will become another Thornton Park-like area. Citrus is already opened... wait until this breaks ground. there will be developers coming out of the woodwork trying to buld up the surrounding lots to take advantage of the influx of new residents. for all I know, they already have.

there's a sushi restaurant (shin janapnese cuisine, sushi and sake) getting built out in 801 right now, and if you want to see what ustler is envisioning for the small 800 n. orange lot across the street when he buys it, it's on a post i made two pages back after the father-son combo came to speak to the condo owners of 860 n orange.

I wish someone would demo everything on the lots where North Orange was going and sod it to make some more green space (If it's not being developed). That old gas station and adjacent lots look horrible...You would almost rather see the Verde go up there. The lot the Verde is going on doesn't look all that bad...

Here's some interesting content from the March DDB minutes (from city council agenda) concerning Verde (sp?). Apparently this thing was scaled back to one tower at a point not too long ago. Guess we're back to two?

Mr. Krent, City Architect gave a PowerPoint presentation regarding The Verde, located at 895 N. Orange. Mr. Krent indicated that The Verdi is shifting their tower back and lowering the garage by one (1) level. There are no significant sight plan changes. The project located at 44 West Central Blvd., is doing revitalization with an outdoor bar and caf

Here's some interesting content from the March DDB minutes (from city council agenda) concerning Verde (sp?). Apparently this thing was scaled back to one tower at a point not too long ago. Guess we're back to two?

Mr. Krent, City Architect gave a PowerPoint presentation regarding The Verde, located at 895 N. Orange. Mr. Krent indicated that The Verdi is shifting their tower back and lowering the garage by one (1) level. There are no significant sight plan changes. The project located at 44 West Central Blvd., is doing revitalization with an outdoor bar and caf

Archived