News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear site with activity vs. an occupied site that needs razing with no sign of activity

I'm no insider but it seems likely that The Verde will beat out Tradition Towers.

it goes even deeper than that: talk of the town skyscraper for the past 1 1/2 years (TT) located in the heart of the CBD that's entrenched among Orlando's elite, might fall to the wayside time-wise in favor of a once mentioned but recently re-talked about scraper, that's gone through several design changes, is not a condo, and is not technically in the CBD, the Verde. this is the conundrum [sic] I'm battling with.

Hello all, I am a new member and would GREATLY appreciate any help/advice you guys could give me concerning that part of uptown.

I own a rental condo at 360 N. Orange(Park North) and would like to know some of your opinions on how these 2 towers are going to affect my property. I would imagine that it will be a lot more difficult to find a tenant with so many "affordable" apartments across the street. So the idea of finding tenants after the towers are built is very unappealing to me. Do you think the towers and other developments in uptown will imrove the value of my condo in the long run? Or will the added competition hurt the value of condo? I was planning on selling the unit in a couple of years if the market improves.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Will help property values in the long and short run. I think the condos charge downtown prices without any of the amenities. With Verde, 801 and future developments, prices should increase. But for now, I am sure a lot of people would rather pay to live in a brnad new highrise then Park North of Uptown Place. But some would rather not.

Hello all, I am a new member and would GREATLY appreciate any help/advice you guys could give me concerning that part of uptown.

I own a rental condo at 360 N. Orange(Park North) and would like to know some of your opinions on how these 2 towers are going to affect my property. I would imagine that it will be a lot more difficult to find a tenant with so many "affordable" apartments across the street. So the idea of finding tenants after the towers are built is very unappealing to me. Do you think the towers and other developments in uptown will imrove the value of my condo in the long run? Or will the added competition hurt the value of condo? I was planning on selling the unit in a couple of years if the market improves.

In my opinion the units located directly On Orange Ave will definately be hurt the most by construction noise. ( compared to The Waverly eastside and The Paramount construction).Those units located inside overlooking the pool might benefit from the new construction and renewed uptick in the neighborhood along with Citrus opening. The main obstacle still from what I hear from buyers and renters is the location, being approx 12 blocks from direct Downtown. The market hasn't improved yet for Uptown (both the area and the complex) however I do look for that to change as more is built connecting it with direct Downtown.

Timeframe?

1-4 Yrs as each Venue, Entertainment or Consumer Establishment is available, ie: Cinema at The Plaza, Publix at The Paramount, The Vue and its proposed Upscale Deli, New Restaurants, Proposed Performing Arts, Arena and possibly Renewed Citrus Bowl, Renewal of Church Street Station as well as other venues to come.

1-4 Yrs as each Venue, Entertainment or Consumer Establishment is available, ie: Cinema at The Plaza, Publix at The Paramount, The Vue and its proposed Upscale Deli, New Restaurants, Proposed Performing Arts, Arena and possibly Renewed Citrus Bowl, Renewal of Church Street Station as well as other venues to come.

I thought your original comment was geared towards uptown. I just don't see the strongest connection between the project you listed above and the uptown area.

^The city should be proactive in its own growth. It is a shame that Orange Ave--Orlando's Michigan Ave, Broadway, Boylston, whatever--still looks like crap. There should be major investment in sidewalk upgrades (brick, stone), impressive lighting (seriously the acorn lights look podunk) all the way from Anderson through Princeton.

As an owner there, do you notice the awful smell in the buildings, they smell kinda like garbage and cigarette smoke to me, i went to look at buying two units and i was just turned off by the smell in the building, didnt seem very clean. Just so you know the owners might want to get together and make sure management is keeping up with the place. You want the units to retain or gain value, not lose value or interest from buyers.

^The city should be proactive in its own growth. It is a shame that Orange Ave--Orlando's Michigan Ave, Broadway, Boylston, whatever--still looks like crap. There should be major investment in sidewalk upgrades (brick, stone), impressive lighting (seriously the acorn lights look podunk) all the way from Anderson through Princeton.

Great idea. I never even though about it, but you're 100% correct. The city should improve its overall appearance creating a continuous street level retail experience.

Archived