News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a glimpse of some construction equipment on the Verde site on my way to work this morning. Could construction be starting?

i was trying to figure that out the other day. i think it arrived thursday.

has anyone here been to citrus yet?

sorry orlandonative, but please explain that for me, or someone...

They are testing to find the bearing layer, or the very solid layer of soil deep in the ground. Basically, it sounds like they are testing the soil to determine the foundation.

Refusal is when an SPT (Standard Penetration Test) has a blow count of 50 or more. Basically, an SPT test consists of a hollow drill that uses a mud mixture that flows through the hollow drill end while drilling which acts as a lube. Every few feet they take the drill bit out and drop a "spoon" down the hole. Then they basically hammer the spoon into the ground for 1.5 feet. In a nutshell, the number of hammerings (blow counts) it takes to move 1 foot gives you an N value (the top .5 feet is usually disregarded). This N value tells you the strength of that layer of soil. An N value of 50 or more is "refusal". A refusal layer (or bearing layer) of soil would usually be multiple consecutive N values of 50 or more. Oh yeah, the "spoon" collects the soil from the hammering (since it is a hollow tube) and you keep that sample for analysis.

We are looking good with Verde.

I am not sure about the demo at 860 N Orange. Isn't that Park North? Probably for I-4 expansion. They acquired a buch of buildings on Garland from Marks to Colonial

We are looking good with Verde.

I am not sure about the demo at 860 N Orange. Isn't that Park North? Probably for I-4 expansion. They acquired a buch of buildings on Garland from Marks to Colonial

it's actually BEHIND park north ... the building to the north of the old glass hand surgery associates building is gone! i guess the glass one is next! thank you, however, for the reminder of what this demo probably is!

Is it just me, but I think that outside of being in a prime location, the design in the above renderings is a bit lack luster. It reminds me of two green TTT's. I could be wrong but I do believe that they will be 415' as previously noted. Pretty damn dramatic view it's going to create coming into town from the north.

TTT"s?

I know it is supposed to be around the same height as the Vue and a round 35 stories. The design is roughly the same. Slight modifications to the entrance and the garage.

Welbro is the GC.

The views are going to be dramatic. Nothing will block this building. One Orlando Centre and the Gateway Centre are like half the height. And it is a green building if anyone is into that.

Archived