News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the picture, we shouldn't be worried about the parking garage taking up space with that much open land surrounding the area.

true, but the Ivanhoe twins will take up the rest of that block, and before you know it, there won't be any empty lots left north of colonial (granted, not for some time before they're gone).

I'm just thankful that 20 years or so ago when they built that thing, they didn't go with surface parking and take up the whole block.

You're right, and I see your point. But that particular garage really takes up so much space and just isn't integrated very well. Guess it went with the times.

As for the comment about worrying about the empty lots in the area as opposed to the garage - the empty lots can be improved and built upon. Whereas the massive, one-dimensional garage is there to stay presumably for as long as the tower is there next to it, which I imagine will outlast most of us... But it is what it is, so I won't let it bother me too much. It just really stood out to me in that picture.

• 1 month later...

This is part of an email that I received from City Commissioner Vicki Vargo

we approved an Agreement with GDC Holding LLC to pay a portion of the total traffic signalization costs for two intersections related to their development. The intersections are located at Park Lake Street and Magnolia Avenue as well as Park Lake Street and North Orange Avenue. The Developer is seeking to develop the property with two approximately 35 story high-rise residential buildings with street level commercial uses and a connecting parking structure.

This is part of an email that I received from City Commissioner Vicki Vargo

we approved an Agreement with GDC Holding LLC to pay a portion of the total traffic signalization costs for two intersections related to their development. The intersections are located at Park Lake Street and Magnolia Avenue as well as Park Lake Street and North Orange Avenue. The Developer is seeking to develop the property with two approximately 35 story high-rise residential buildings with street level commercial uses and a connecting parking structure.

very interesting. thanks for posting.

Looks like this project "The Ivanhoe" is starting to roll forward again. This is pivotal for Uptown! Now if the Palace (Towers) and soon enough 1000 N. Orange will take shape this will be a dynamic little area.

More than a dynamic little area. They're proposing three 400+ footers and two 300+ footers with over 1,500 residential units. This is huge... If Ivanhoe can get it kickstarted it will roll. If this were built today it would look like a second downtown a mile north of the existing one. All five of these proposed buildings are within two blocks of each other.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived