Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

2 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Can't wait for this. 

Also, new restaurant/bar to take place of Joe Hoopers. Theyre using a "no condos" type marketing strategy to draw interest. Smart. They say early 2016 but haven't started permitting process yet. Good luck with early 2016

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article45470610.html

While I appreciate their attempt at humor, wasn't like 90% of Joe Hooper's customer base the apartments within walking distance? I have a hard time believing the new concept will be able to stray too far from that core, considering the 3 new developments within earshot of this building being finished next year. Will poking fun at "condos" while pretty much catering exclusively to their residents work? I guess time will tell. 

Still don't know where they are building "condos" in PM. Last time I checked they were all apartments. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Crown said:

While I appreciate their attempt at humor, wasn't like 90% of Joe Hooper's customer base the apartments within walking distance? I have a hard time believing the new concept will be able to stray too far from that core, considering the 3 new developments within earshot of this building being finished next year. Will poking fun at "condos" while pretty much catering exclusively to their residents work? I guess time will tell. 

Still don't know where they are building "condos" in PM. Last time I checked they were all apartments. :rolleyes:

This is my biggest pet peeve when people post about this on the Plaza Midwood Facebook. Good luck buying them, you morons.

58 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

Barf....Terrible

Thank you for posting though. I was hoping these would be interesting looking.

Edited by Midwoodian

Campus works press release said 8-10k retail. Most people haven't made that kind of statement then casually backed down, though I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Piedmont767 said:

What's the cloud-shaped thing in the bottom right corner? Hopefully the materials used won't result in more Charlotte Beige.

And Crown, looks like no retail has been in included. 

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Campus works press release said 8-10k retail. Most people haven't made that kind of statement then casually backed down, though I wouldn't put it past them.

Looks like they've pulled one over on us again. Not for nothing but holy crap that train is going to be loud to those apartments facing the railroad. 

9 minutes ago, Piedmont767 said:

What's the cloud-shaped thing in the bottom right corner

In architectural drawings it's called a revision cloud. It just denotes an area of the drawing that has been revised from a previous version of the drawing.

Also, I hope the architects were enjoying a sense of irony calling the parking deck entrances "porte-cocheres"

• Like 1

Token retail means that there is approximately 10k sf of space on the ground floor at the corner and around the entry courtyard that in my opinion could not be leased as residential space based upon its configuration in plan and elevation.  To me, this is area that the market could push to retail if the demand is there.  An improvement over some other buildings that have significantly less space available that can be converted in the future

Edited by archiham04