Ann Arbor Photo of the Day

wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ann Arbor Amtrak Station looks just like the ones in Lansing and Detroit: Sparse. They are purely utilitarian, now, and not even much of that anymore.

Yeah, a real shame. But at least the original building is still there. Grand Rapids Union Station, and its wonderful shed, were torn down around 1960. The framework for the shed remained for some years thereafter in a lumber products building, but burned down a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

46239493_78aac097cf_b.jpg

I love this house. It's located in the Old Fourth Ward, just north of downtown.

This house includes several features that could make a very imposing house. But because of the relative petite scale, it seems more homely. I like it; its a house I wouldn't mind living in - stylish, and probably very roomy but without the feeling of a mansion. (the landscape in this photo encloses the house and really completes the feeling.)

46239493_78aac097cf_b.jpg

I love this house. It's located in the Old Fourth Ward, just north of downtown.

46240401_bfaa8735b9_b.jpg

Here's another one I like. This one is on Broadway near the bridge.

This one is cool too:

46240252_8cf9f66048_b.jpg

Not to be snarky, Wolve, but these houses, nice as they are, are a dime a dozen on Heritage Hill. In Grand Rapids. Yes, that Grand Rapids. But I like the pics. (And A-squared has a significant amount of great 1840s architecture, more than GR, probably because it was settled somewhat sooner.)

I realize you guys still in school probably have exams but if someone gets a chance, I'd love to see some updated pictures of construction projects on campus. Specifically, the Biomedical Science Research building at Huron and Glen, the ugly building at Thayer and Washington, anything in the Palmer Drive Development, the School of Public Policy building at Hill and State, and the addition to the Perry Building on Madison between Packard and Fifth. Any other new construction additions, expansions or renovations pictures would be appreciated. For those of you that aren't familiar with these projects, more can be read on them here: http://www.plantext.bf.umich.edu/plantext/projects.html

Also, Joseph Freed & Associates was developing a couple of interesting projects in Ann Arbor. Ashley Terrace, part of the redevelopment of the west side of downtown at Ashley and Huron: http://www.josephfreed.com/property_detail...te=Michigan&t=1

Also, Glen Ann Place, across from Angelo's at (amazingly enough) Glen and Ann: http://www.josephfreed.com/property_detail...te=Michigan&t=1

Any updates on these projects or if construction has began, some pics would be greatly appreciated. I realize this is a tall order but if anyone has the time...

Edited by WALD0123

I realize you guys still in school probably have exams but if someone gets a chance, I'd love to see some updated pictures of construction projects on campus.

I can probably get to in the middle of this week, since that's when I'll have some free time. Right now I'm gonna hit the sack, though, I've been up for thirty-one hours straight.

-_-

this is my third all-nighter, I think I'm going to die.

Glen-Ann Place.

This Historical Comission, by request of the fourth ward residents, has blocked this project from happening. They have asked the architects to revise the building slightly adding more setbacks. Additionally, two historic houses on the site must be moved up the street aways. The owner of the towing company and the houses, as well as the Leonardo's Pizza owners are ready to sell their properties.

I live one block from that site, nothing is happening, and nothing will for some time.

I saw some awesome renderings in my U/P class that show the building form 16 different locations. All of them are very hi-res. I will request copies of them and post them here.

Edited by wolverine