Trader Building Progress

Chesapeake Pirate

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. So what can we expect to happen next?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Expect them to spend time doing what you already see. Digging out the pile caps, setting up forms and pouring concrete. This process will take a few weeks, but you should start seeing the concrete trucks rollin' in like this weekend or very soon, if not already. I expect the tower cranes will be going up over the weekend.

Expect them to spend time doing what you already see.  Digging out the pile caps, setting up forms and pouring concrete.  This process will take a few weeks, but you should start seeing the concrete trucks rollin' in like this weekend or very soon, if not already.  I expect the tower cranes will be going up over the weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You really expect the cranes to be here that soon? Those caps will take a couple of weeks to build the forms and pour the concrete. I've built forms and things for traffic light poles and that took a little while to do. I can't wait to see the steel start to go up. I think that building is very good looking building.

You really expect the cranes to be here that soon? Those caps will take a couple of weeks to build the forms and pour the concrete. I've built forms and things for traffic light poles and that took a little while to do. I can't wait to see the steel start to go up. I think that building is very good looking building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going off of the letter to the Trader employees, which said that cranes would be rising within the week, I believe. The tower cranes should already have pile caps poured for them. Those are typically the first to be poured.

I was going off of the letter to the Trader employees, which said that cranes would be rising within the week, I believe.  The tower cranes should already have pile caps poured for them.  Those are typically the first to be poured.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, those are actually in the corner and not in the main picutre themselves. They are already poured and are probsably where the tower cranes are going.

Regardless of the skew, if that IS the footprint it's more than a 15 foot setback.  IMO that's disappointing.  It would be a tiny mofo in that case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'll still be just as tall. Also those renderings suggest anything but a small footprint. It's not visible in the picture but there are also pile caps in the 2 corners of the lot butting up against granby.

And come to think of it there is no way thats the entire footprint because they were driving piles in all 4 corners of the site. I don't think those are all the pile caps that are to be made. Urbanfan can help us otu better with this one though.

Archived