Norfolk Pictures

willy

Here is a 1st, a photo from me! :w00t: I was at the Tides game 2-night and took this shot of the skyline from the 1st base side. :thumbsup:

P1010014.jpg

Nice Pic, I love this shot. The only thing that is keeping me from making this my background on my computer's desktop is the on and off ramps for I-264. I really hate interstate highway ramps cutting through cities. Hopefully, city and state leaders will come up with a more aesthetically(sp?) pleasing way to move traffic onto and off of the Downtown Tunnel and Berkley Bridge

Edited by skylinefan

Hopefully, city and state leaders will come up with a more aesthetically(sp?) pleasing way to move traffic onto and off of the Downtown Tunnel and Berkley Bridge

Hmmmm. Those roads aren't going away anytime soon. I wonder if there isn't a way to make them less drab and ugly? Vines, colors? Panels? Lights?

Don't know maybe Norfolk should have a big dig like Boston and put the access to I-264 and the Berkley Bridge underground. I know this is a VERY expensive proposition, but in the long run I believe it would be worth it. Too bad the politicians in Richmond are so shortsighted when it comes to transportation needs in Va.

Hopefully, city and state leaders will come up with a more aesthetically(sp?) pleasing way to move traffic onto and off of the Downtown Tunnel and Berkley Bridge

Hmmmm. Those roads aren't going away anytime soon. I wonder if there isn't a way to make them less drab and ugly? Vines, colors? Panels? Lights?

If anyone has noticed, there are colored lights that illuminate the support columns of the Berkley Bridge. It reminds me of how the bridges are illuminated in Miami. It doesn't help move traffic, but it does make it a little more interesting to look at. I'll try to get a picture of it here soon.

Don't know maybe Norfolk should have a big dig like Boston and put the access to I-264 and the Berkley Bridge underground. I know this is a VERY expensive proposition, but in the long run I believe it would be worth it. Too bad the politicians in Richmond are so shortsighted when it comes to transportation needs in Va.

Please do not put 1 extra foot of underground roadway in our area. People freak out when they enter a tunnel. I would like to see I264 cut behind the Shipyard and consist of a 15 lane wide bridge crossing the Elizabeth River. The current route can be named I364 and just be a connector to downtown.

If anyone has noticed, there are colored lights that illuminate the support columns of the Berkley Bridge. It reminds me of how the bridges are illuminated in Miami. It doesn't help move traffic, but it does make it a little more interesting to look at. I'll try to get a picture of it here soon.

Aren't the colored lights there so boats and ships can see the bridge as they transverse underneath it?

Edited by skylinefan

Please do not put 1 extra foot of underground roadway in our area. People freak out when they enter a tunnel. I would like to see I264 cut behind the Shipyard and consist of a 15 lane wide bridge crossing the Elizabeth River. The current route can be named I364 and just be a connector to downtown.

I know that there is a snow balls chance in hell that I-264 would be dug underground. Look how efficienctly they built the big dig in Boston! :rofl:

Its possible. I think it is more along the lines of the city wanting to add some visual flavor to the downtown area.

Yeah, they've been there for a few months now and I definitely like them. It does remind me of the bridge downtown in Miami.

Yeah, they've been there for a few months now and I definitely like them. It does remind me of the bridge downtown in Miami.

I'm not quite sure what lights you guys are talking about. Can anyone take pictures of them. This must be a new feature of the Berkley Bridge that was installed since I was down there in late April.

I havent taken any pictures of the Berkley's lighting scheme, but the following should give you some idea of what I'm talking about.

Dodge Port Bridge

MacArthur Causeway

From Brilliant Lighting Design of Miami website

I have seen different colors on the Berkely. It seems like the rotation of colors vary. I have seen blue, red, and white/lavender at different times. Maybe I'll get a chance to take some photos this weekend.

Edited by Seven Cities

I havent taken any pictures of the Berkley's lighting scheme, but the following should give you some idea of what I'm talking about.

Dodge Port Bridge

MacArthur Causeway

From Brilliant Lighting Design of Miami website

I have seen different colors on the Berkely. It seems like the rotation of colors vary. I have seen blue, red, and white/lavender at different times. Maybe I'll get a chance to take some photos this weekend.

Jacksonville, FL has an interesting flair on its waterfront as well. The monorail bridge lights up underneath the passing monorail cars. The bridge for cars also utilizes different colors during various parts of the year. It can be stunning if done right. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Jacksonville, FL has an interesting flair on its waterfront as well. The monorail bridge lights up underneath the passing monorail cars. The bridge for cars also utilizes different colors during various parts of the year. It can be stunning if done right. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Here is a page with a decent picture

http://photos.kyleh.net/king_us0405/king15/IMG_6790_2_1.JPG

I know its big but this is my attempt at a panorama so bear with me. :lol:

175836500_3fb9139d29_o.jpg

Hopefully someone can use this second one for photoshop

175836662_d1d325c9b7_o.jpg

Two miscellaneous Harbors Edge pics

175836770_9cbc559f42_o.jpg

175836857_74940f04f0_o.jpg

A pleasant surprise on the way home

175836715_a8926a173d_b.jpg

Ok, I think that's enough for your computer to choke on for one night. :rofl: