Norfolk Pictures

willy

Thanks rus!! harbor heights must be difficult to take pics of....its hard to tell what's going on kinda. I am STILL amazed by Harbor's Edge though. It looks really tall!

vdogg, I can't identify that building for you, but i think that building is also in the "fenced off Granby Tower" shot if that helps.

That looks like a side profile of the Medical Arts building. It's about 9 stories high with fairly compressed floors. My orthodontist was in that building when I was a lad. I thought it would get a makeover but it still looks pretty generic (uninteresting) for it's time.

Wow it looks like Trader is getting some height to it. Almost seems like they are ahead of schedule.

Yeah, they seem way ahead actually. They should finish the 5th floor (start the 6th floor) this week by the looks of it. They seem to be going at a rate of about 3-4 floors a month. With some 15 floors left to go they should top out in April or May. Don't know how long it will take to finish the interior though. Depending on how complex that is it may just take till fall 06' to complete as they've indicated.

Gotta love a fenced off Granby Tower property and an HH rising from the ground. :yahoo: I've gotta question for you though, what's the building in that 2nd pic? I really like that angle, it's a good picture. I can't figure out what building that is though.

Its the building across from Trader. The one where they enclosed the sidewalk so nothing falls on pedestrians.

I love the night shot of main street and the shot of Harbors edge above. Looks like they're working on the 17th floor. Should top out very soon. HE is really impressive at night to if you ever have a chance to get down there then. They usually have every light in the building on at night.

Nice pics, Skylinefan. I need to go to Norfolk sometime and check out the ice skating rink. :)

Took the family out two weeks ago. It is a big success. The place was crowded. Takled to the lady running the ticket counter and she said they were already talking about expanding the rink to be larger for next year. Looks like this could turn into a great tradition for the city.

The city should look for a permanent location for an ice skating rink. What will happen when that lot is developed fot the mall's third anchor?

This would be a perfect chance for the city to put a public square in downtown. Originally I would of said the Federal Square would of been a perfect location, but Trader took that lot. Personally I would like to see a residential tower on the vacant lot by the Mall, but that would also be a great spot, especially if it caused development of the land around it.

Let's not forget that Macarthur Mall is hosting this. The whole reason being that it would bring more business. Well they were right about that. If this were to continue, they would only want to put it close to the mall to achieve the same results, therefore I wouldn't expect them to move to Waterside. The closest lot to the mall would be the surface parking lot adjacent to the scope which is not even a block away. They should build a parking garage on the surface parking lot to the right of scope across St. Pauls, then tear down the parking garage and surface parking in front of scope, and create one large square. That would put the park right between two very busy places, scope and Mac, and it would get used alot, then they would continue ice skating since its right across the street.