GSP International

gvillenative

5 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Possible but "say hello" is an extremely common phrase. GSPs use in no way makes think they are connected.  We'll know soon, fun to speculate. I would probably prefer Breeze unless it were to be a "mini hub" situation.  How can we possibly need more Orlando or FL flights?

I certainly hope you’re right. Breeze’s route network does make a lot more sense for GSP than Avelo’s. I would love to see Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Nashville, and Pittsburgh if it is them. Hopes and dreams for Phoenix also.

Every time a low cost carrier announces they are coming to GSP, Orlando is always included. It was this way with Southwest, Frontier, Silver, and Allegiant. It’s almost like it’s a sin if that city isn’t included. I personally hope it isn’t included this time around and no other Florida city is either. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

Just playing around on the Breeze interactive map CHS flies to all their destinations except RDU, SAV, and a couple of the FL destinations. I also noticed smaller markets like Norfolk and Huntsville even have a couple of western routes. Norfolk actually has a lot of their destinations, as does Richmond. I could see this being a good chance to get some more western routes, maybe even Vegas and a CA route. Remember that their model is for under served markets and unique destinations, so that could open ups some possibilities. I will be hoping for a cool breeze tomorrow.

One thing to take note of. Las Vegas, Orlando, and Nashville have all been tried more than once before and have failed with Frontier, Allegiant, Southwest, and Contour. Why would this time be any different? Why would Breeze or Avelo take a chance with those cities when they haven’t worked out before? Does this mean maybe they actually aren’t included after all? Hmmm. If they did take a chance on one of those cities, I honestly could see Las Vegas having the best chance of surviving this time around. Most people drive to Nashville from here and Orlando already has enough flights with Silver and Allegiant. 

Now JetBlue to Boston? I bet my next paycheck that would be widely successful and have really good pax fill rates. 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

One thing to take note of. Las Vegas, Orlando, and Nashville have all been tried more than once before and have failed with Frontier, Allegiant, Southwest, and Contour. Why would this time be any different? Why would Breeze or Avelo take a chance with those cities when they haven’t worked out before? Does this mean maybe they actually aren’t included after all? Hmmm. If they did take a chance on one of those cities, I honestly could see Las Vegas having the best chance of surviving this time around. Most people drive to Nashville from here and Orlando already has enough flights with Silver and Allegiant. 

Now JetBlue to Boston? I bet my next paycheck that would be widely successful and have really good pax fill rates. 

I don't know if we'll ever know about past Vegas routes for sure. We were told Allegiant stopped it b/c it was on the edge of their range, and Frontier stopped due to COVID. I think they both had good load factors, especially Frontier, but who really knows. Personally, Vegas does nothing for me but I know a lot of people want it so it would probably be good to have. For me, Nashville is a drive destination so I would never use that either, but i t seems to be a popular request. I think Countour said it wasn't stopping due to lack of demand and may bring it back later.

If it's Breeze they might try some other stuff we haven't had before; maybe an Ohio destination? Lots of Ohioans around here. They don' have a Boston flight but could do Hartford, Providence or Portland. I think Phoenix is one of GSPs top 20 destinations and there has never been a direct there that I know of.

I’m gonna take a glass half empty approach and say it’s Avelo to only Nashville and Orlando. Twice a week for both. I was disappointed when they announced Silver and Contour so why not be disappointed again? Lol. Maybe they think they will be successful with those two routes for whatever odd reason.

Edited by gman430

15 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I’m gonna take a glass half empty approach and say it’s Avelo to only Nashville and Orlando. Twice a week for both. I was disappointed when they announced Silver and Contour so why not be disappointed again? Lol. Maybe they think they will be successful with those two routes for whatever odd reason.

LOL, I hear you. It looks like Avelo only goes from Nashville to New Haven. New Haven and Orlando seem to be their hubs and neither of those really make sense for GSP. I dunno, we'll find out.

GSP with Avelo to MCO and HVN. Not sure of the frequency yet. I knew it was going to be Orlando. Lol. Never fails. I really hope they’re successful though and decide to expand here even more in the future. Definitely better than either Contour or Silver. And the fact they’re starting out with more than one city says they definitely believe in this area. Mainline planes (Boeing 737) also. Route map below.

Other new destinations being announced tomorrow for Avelo: 
- Memphis, Tennessee (MEM)
- Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT)
- Rochester, New York (ROC)

6ED190ED-133D-4DAD-A42C-30AB0B2DC1F8.jpeg

Edited by gman430

GSP with Avelo to MCO and HVN. Not sure of the frequency yet. I knew it was going to be Orlando. Lol. Never fails. I really hope they’re successful though and decide to expand here even more in the future. Definitely better than either Contour or Silver. And the fact they’re starting out with more than one city says they definitely believe in this area. Mainline planes (Boeing 737) also. Route map below.

Source?

Edit: NVM, I found the source. Still just a rumor but sounds pretty solid.

Boo...

I mean any service is good so it's certainly better than nothing but... ANOTHER Orlando flight... really?

I guess New Haven sort of serves the Boston area, maybe? 

Edit: Looks like New Haven as about 125 miles form Boston or about 2 hours so I don't know how practical that would be to serve as a Boston flight but I guess it would be the closest GSP would have.

Edited by distortedlogic
  • Like 1

From what I hear, Orlando (MCO) from GSP is actually in really high demand right now. That’s why you see Silver adding flights. And yeah, I don’t know how HVN is going to be successful. Maybe Avelo is expecting a lot of tourists from the northeast to use it to get to the mountains???

Edited by gman430

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

From what I hear, Orlando (MCO) from GSP is actually in really high demand right now. That’s why you see Silver adding flights. And yeah, I don’t know how HVN is going to be successful. Maybe Avelo is expecting a lot of tourists from the northeast to use it to get to the mountains???

Well AVL already has that covered. They have seasonal to Boston on 3 different airlines; Allegiant, Jet Blue, and AA.

HVN is a head scratcher but it's also their hub. Interestingly, if you look at their route map its the only destination from CHS and SAV and a few others. Both MCO and HVN are their main hubs. 

10 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Well AVL already has that covered. They have seasonal to Boston on 3 different airlines; Allegiant, Jet Blue, and AA.

HVN is a head scratcher but it's also their hub. Interestingly, if you look at their route map it’s the only destination from CHS and SAV and a few others. Both MCO and HVN are their main hubs. 

Keyword: seasonal. This is probably going to be year round from GSP and Boston is two hours from HVN. Avelo might fly on different days also. Hopefully they’re successful either way. We shall see. RDU is also one of their main hubs. 

Edited by gman430

6 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Keyword: seasonal. This is probably going to be year round from GSP. Hopefully HVN is successful. We shall see. RDU is also one of their main hubs. 

Yeah I hope so.

Yeah, with the 3 new routes RDU would have 8 destinations with them which would be the third most in the East. It looks like every city they serve goes to at least either MCO or HVN or both. The other airports that have more routes have at least one of those. Not trying to be negative or anything but I don't know if GSP would be able to get more routes with them, just looking at their map. Maybe Nashville, but even they only have one route and that's to HVN. For now, at least, if you're not going to their hubs (including RDU) then you're not getting any other routes. The good thing is this is a new and growing airline so it's good to get in early. I hope we can support it.

And for the record, I still think we will get a look from Breeze in the fairly near future.

I am hoping Avelo eventually adds more destinations to the central part of the country and combines the separate east and west coast bases like Breeze has done. That would give GSP a good chance of landing a western city like Las Vegas or Colorado Springs with them. I am also hoping GSP can land an eighth airline this year. We always seem to be stuck at six or seven of them. 

Edited by gman430

I wonder if GSP would be able to get Allegiant to expand there. AVL has  Denver and Vegas flights (which  does away with the idea the Vegas flight from GSP was on the edge of their range). They also have directs to Boston, MSP, and Phoenix.  Maybe GSP would be too close for them to double up ? 

21 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I am hoping Avelo eventually adds more destinations to the central part of the country and combines the separate east and west coast bases like Breeze has done. That would give GSP a good chance of landing a western city like Las Vegas or Colorado Springs with them. 

Plus LAX is their Western hub. 

Edited by distortedlogic

7 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Burbank is Avelo's western hub.  They don't fly to LAX.

Hearing about any more announcements this year or is this it? Definitely need Boston even if it’s by a current carrier like Delta. 

Edited by gman430

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

Initial frequency is as follows.   6 flights a week.  I *believe * its 4 to HVN and 2 to MCO but I could be wrong.

• Weekly:
    •  GSP: 6 weekly flights
      • · 2 Thursday
      • · 2 Sunday
      • · 1 Wednesday
        • o Changes to 1 Monday after 06/24
      • · 1 Saturday
        • o Changes to 1 Friday after 06/24

16 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Hearing about any more announcements this year or is this it? Definitely need Boston even if it’s by a current carrier like Delta. 

The airport never stops pushing for more airlines and routes.  Nothing else is imminent right now though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I was only expecting four weekly flights so six is good to see. Not sure how four flights a week to HVN is gonna work but I imagine Avelo did their due diligence first.

Those six weekly flights equal 1,764 additional seats (882 seats inbound and 882 seats outbound) a week or 7,644 seats a month if all of them are operated only on the 147 seat 737-700. Avelo also has 737-800 aircraft in their fleet which hold 189 seats.

Edited by gman430

Additional daily mainline flight (minus Saturday) to Detroit with Delta now underway. Saturday flight upgraded to mainline from regional also. GSP is really starting to grow now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2019 monthly record numbers fall as we get into Summer. 

More flights to Orlando and Tampa recently added. 

More flights added to Newark and Detroit starting in March.

More flights added to Washington DC, Atlanta, and Houston starting in April.

New service to New York City starting in May.

Avelo starting service in June. 

More flights added to Philadelphia in August. 

And this doesn’t even include the bigger planes being added by Delta, United, and American. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

Twice a week to New Haven. Sundays and Thursdays until September. 737-700. Flights start June 22nd.

Twice a week to Orlando. Wednesdays and Saturdays going to Mondays and Fridays from late June until September. 737-800. Flights start June 7th. 

Looks to be only four times a week total not six. Each day only has one flight. Meh.

Edited by gman430

Twice a week to New Haven. Sundays and Thursdays until September. 737-700. Flights start June 22nd.

Twice a week to Orlando. Wednesdays and Saturdays going to Mondays and Fridays from late June until September. 737-800. Flights start June 7th. 

Looks to be only four times a week total not six. Each day only has one flight. Meh.

What happens in Sept, are these seasonal flights or does that mean they will reassess at that time?

I agree it's kinda "meh" for now, really only one new destinations, but these are the main hubs of a growing airline so there may be potential going forward for additional service or destinations. Plus, any service is probably good service.

8 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Initial frequency is as follows.   6 flights a week.  I *believe * its 4 to HVN and 2 to MCO but I could be wrong.

• Weekly:
    •  GSP: 6 weekly flights
      • · 2 Thursday
      • · 2 Sunday
      • · 1 Wednesday
        • o Changes to 1 Monday after 06/24
      • · 1 Saturday
        • o Changes to 1 Friday after 06/24

The airport never stops pushing for more airlines and routes.  Nothing else is imminent right now though.

I may have missed this before, do you work for the airport?