CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

Is it not funny that the City of Greenville touted the subject of this design competition as the "RiverPlace Carillon?" :huh:

I would be all for the city purchasing a special bell to complete the set, but make it somehow the centerpiece of the collection. A unique bell representing unity among many different people in Greenville. Perhaps even a green bell? Okay, a little overboard there, but you get the idea. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not funny that the City of Greenville touted the subject of this design competition as the "RiverPlace Carillon?" :huh:

I would be all for the city purchasing a special bell to complete the set, but make it somehow the centerpiece of the collection. A unique bell representing unity among many different people in Greenville. Perhaps even a green bell? Okay, a little overboard there, but you get the idea. :D

THat's a good idea! maybe a bell that has cast into it something about 2006 being the city's 175th anniversary.

If you look on the Riverplace webcam right now, it looks like their installing some green mesh or something over the musical dancing water jets right next to where the orange and white construction barriers are along the riverwalk: http://riverplace.suitt.com/1/control.html

Edited by carolinadude9409

Has anybody checked out the Falls Park Webcam lately? http://www.reedyriveronline.com/

It looks like someone has hacked the site. :rolleyes:

:blink::lol:

-If you cache the website, it still works, even though the pic in the webcam is from this past winter seeing how the bright red thing isn't up yet and all of the leaves are off the trees.

Edited by carolinadude9409

it's my hope that one day this whole area will become another san antonio riverwalk :thumbsup:

I could see this as well, starting with the Swamp Rabbit Bridge and continuing North into the new "Cleveland Park West", past the Camperdown, the Kroc Center, etc. That'd be pretty nice. I'd rather it be more unique and specific to our region of the country though. :thumbsup:

'Art Crossing' at RiverPlace opened this evening to a great crowd of people. It is so exciting to see so many artists so close together and in such an awesome and prominent location. I look forward to next weekend when visitors from around the nation will be able to visit these new studios along the Reedy River. Hopefully they will have plenty of work left to sell. I noticed many were buying pieces for their homes or offices. Greenville is so exciting it gives me chills of utopian delight. :wub::shades:

The base of the interactive centerpiece fountain. Can't wait to see children of all ages having fun in the bursts of water!

RiverPlace_52.jpg

The lamp posts are now up along the riverwalk!

RiverPlace_51.jpg

I love the ones under the Main Street Bridge!

RiverPlace_53.jpg

From across the Reedy River. The Terrace at RiverPlace is really moving along!

RiverPlace_50.jpg

Edited by Skyliner