CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a few shots tonight. Funny thing is, most look identical to RT's above. Here's one that's different.

RiverwalkComingSoon.jpg

I like this photo because of the "coming soon" sign. Greenville does an excellent job with posting large "Coming Soon" signs at all project locations (something many cities fail to do or simply don't feel they need to do). The coming soon signs are part of the way Greenville (city) interacts with residents.....the signs get people hyped up and energized, excited about projects. Another one of those great details GV has become known for. :thumbsup:

I like this photo because of the "coming soon" sign. Greenville does an excellent job with posting large "Coming Soon" signs at all project locations (something many cities fail to do or simply don't feel they need to do). The coming soon signs are part of the way Greenville (city) interacts with residents.....the signs get people hyped up and energized, excited about projects. Another one of those great details GV has become known for. :thumbsup:

These signs also show that we have pride in our city, regardless of the criticisms. This property was worth the price to provide access to this Riverwalk, IMHO. :thumbsup: THANK YOU, GREENVILLE!!! :wub:

RiverPlace: Phase III:

Main Elevation

Elevation from River Street

Elevation from West Camperdown Way

OK...so please forgive the April Fool's Joke, but a guy can dream big, can't he?!?!? :silly:

If Baton Rouge can do it, why can't we?

i think that would be horrible and i would have to move.....but i don't like overly tall buildings...just me

RiverPlace: Phase III:

Main Elevation

Elevation from River Street

Elevation from West Camperdown Way

OK...so please forgive the April Fool's Joke, but a guy can dream big, can't he?!?!? :silly:

If Baton Rouge can do it, why can't we?

:rofl:

That would be SO awesome! I don't "really" support West End towers... BUT that'd just be cool. It'd be a great compliment to The Camperdown that'd be practically next door. I'd like to see a new REAL rendering for phase three. The "tower" reminds me of Wachovia Place in a way... I'd like to see it redesigned IF the original renderings are what it will look like--which has been the case for the Riverplace buildings already built....

20060101115.jpg

Yeah, I know that this picture is from a while ago but I have a question about it. Will the empty area in the middle be a drive through/lobby area for the hotel ? That would be tre cool (i love that phrase). Anyway, this picture shows more construction that what it currently looks like. It actually looks really dense and with all the buildings cutting out the views of Greenville around you, it feels like you could be in a large city anywhere.

Edited by cafealotaguy

20060101115.jpg

Yeah, I know that this picture is from a while ago but I have a question about it. Will the empty area in the middle be a drive through/lobby area for the hotel ? That would be tre cool (i love that phrase). Anyway, this picture shows more construction that what it currently looks like. It actually looks really dense and with all the buildings cutting out the views of Greenville around you, it feels like you could be in a large city anywhere.

Cars will be able to drive under (through) the hotel to check in. Also, along the sides of this "street" are parallel parking spots for visitors of people in the condos, restaurants, etc.

Looks like Hampton Inns have a focus of intown, urban properties at the moment. Greenville is in a great grouping of cities receiving urban, intown Hamptons this year.

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1540003...ville+sc+hotels

And yet, I somehow doubt any of the others could hold a candle to the one they're opening at RiverPlace. :shades:

Thanks for the article, gsupstate! Interesting read!