Union Square

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lingerie store perp nabbed at Union Square

GRAND RAPIDS -- Grand Rapids police early today arrested a man shortly after he allegedly robbed a Northwest Side business at gunpoint. The holdup occurred around 1 a.m. at Classic Lingerie, 427 Bridge St. NW, near Broadway Avenue. A man armed with a handgun walked in, demanded cash and then ran off. He changed his clothes before he was captured by officers near the condominiums in the old Union High School, detective Sgt. Terry McGee said. Police recovered an undetermined amount of cash and a gun. Charges are pending against a 21-year-old Grand Rapids man.

[read it in today's Press, has to be completely factual]

ETA: OK, what did he change into??

GRAND RAPIDS -- Grand Rapids police early today arrested a man shortly after he allegedly robbed a Northwest Side business at gunpoint. The holdup occurred around 1 a.m. at Classic Lingerie, 427 Bridge St. NW, near Broadway Avenue. A man armed with a handgun walked in, demanded cash and then ran off. He changed his clothes before he was captured by officers near the condominiums in the old Union High School, detective Sgt. Terry McGee said. Police recovered an undetermined amount of cash and a gun. Charges are pending against a 21-year-old Grand Rapids man.

I called the police on a guy I saw loitering in the yard of Unit 125 this evening around 9:00 p.m. He is a white guy, gray hair and beard, wearing a blue bandana, blue jeans, and a leather jacket. When he saw me cross the street from the parking lot, he pretended he belonged in that yard. I pretended I didn't see him.

The gate to Unit 125's yard was ajar. The man next bent down and used wire cutters to cut something down in the lower righthand corner of the yard/fence (facing west). I didn't see what he was cutting.

The police found him and called me back to verify the guy's story -- that he was by the dumpsters cutting a piece of wire to make it manageable.

It sure didn't look that way to me. He was definitely inside the yard.

I don't know who lives in Unit 125, but be alert. Check your yard, the fence, the gate, etc.

I know you guys are all hanging out at your new forum, but hopefully someone checks in here occasionally. I saw what looked like a guy working on the pool area as I drove by on the highway the other day. Are they opening the rooftop pool this Summer?

I know you guys are all hanging out at your new forum, but hopefully someone checks in here occasionally. I saw what looked like a guy working on the pool area as I drove by on the highway the other day. Are they opening the rooftop pool this Summer?

Archived