River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, I hope you're kidding. I would guess the eventual occupation would be somewhere around 450 or so.

Probably less. You have to figure that at least some portion, maybe 1/4 of the units, will be "urban cottages" or second homes for people, and not occupied full time year round. How many are there, 207 units total? I'd figure about 300 people.

Probably less. You have to figure that at least some portion, maybe 1/4 of the units, will be "urban cottages" or second homes for people, and not occupied full time year round. How many are there, 207 units total? I'd figure about 300 people.

GR Dad, I also know on good intel that there are a few companies in town (one of which is Steelcase) that have bought one of these to use as a home away from home for high level business execs when they come in from out of town. Consider it a posh version of an extended stay hotel.

Well this photo is a week out of date, but I'll post it since it looks like it's been a couple of weeks since the last update. I think it's a really exciting time right now with River House finally surpassing Bridge Water in height. Yet it seems this thread is less active these days.

2406827162_3fe93a28f8_b.jpg

Well this photo is a week out of date, but I'll post it since it looks like it's been a couple of weeks since the last update. I think it's a really exciting time right now with River House finally surpassing Bridge Water in height. Yet it seems this thread is less active these days.

Thanks Eridony. I was up on Alpine Ave the other day thinking that it won't be long before River House surpasses Plaza Towers in height. It's about 345' high, which is about 50' shorter than RH.

Can you imagine what it will look like when downtown is teaming with people on the 4th of July? Sunset must be gorgeous. Its a bummer to still be in college rather than out making some dough, living there, and hangin downtown.

Relax and enjoy what you're doing now. The "real world" is an _ss kicker and doesn't let up once you're in it. All the "making some dough", "hangin downtown" and living in a highrise like Riverhouse will still be there when you complete college (actually there will be even MORE for you to revel in). Enjoy those campus days 'cause when they're over THEY ARE OVER.

'nuf said. :shades:

Per the Developer's Blog at River House that 29th floor was poured yesterday. This only leaves 5 floors left to pour before the building will be topped out. The glass doesn't appear to be too far behind either. Any guesses on when the building will be topped out and all the glass installed (minus the SW corner where the elevator/crane is attached)?

A lot of the interior materials are starting to come in. Last time I was there, they already had drywall and cabinets installed. Now the granite and flooring are on site and will be placed over the next few weeks. When this is completed they will have "Finished" units on floors 3 to 8. It is going to be nice to show owners and perspective buyers what their completed home could look like. It ought to be exciting this Fall when people start to move in.

Does this mean the next floor will begin the setbacks on the sides, or is there still one more full length floor to go?

I think you are right. If you look at the floor plans here Penthouses you see that starting at the 30th floor the exterior shapes changes slightly and larger patio/balcanies are formed.

Archived