River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

River House's blog is stating that sales have picked up quite a bit in the last month or so. 3 sold this past week. I had a feeling this would happen, and I think it has a lot to do with the building really taking shape now. People are getting excited to see it getting so tall. What do you guys think?

It goes to show that even though many people try to paint the economy as "macro", there are multiple layers of micro-economies.

Here's another thought/question: Does anyone think Grooters will follow up River House with another high-rise residential project? We know he's got an 18 story residential tower in the works in Lansing now. http://capitolclubtower.com/ Assuming even if he tied up a parcel now, it'd be at least two years before ground-breaking. At RH's sales pace, I think it'd be completely absorbed by then.

Is there another spot in GR that would provide the right mix of views, location, amenities, pricing that River House afforded? Would a high-rise (another 400 footer) be desirable right smack dab in the city center, or do people want riverfront/river views?

I think if River House turns out successful enough for him - he would probably want to do another building. Whether it would be tall or not who knows?

I would be paying attention to the area along market south of 131 - with things about to take shape on fulton/market area I think that'd be his next place to shine.

Just a thought...

I think if River House turns out successful enough for him - he would probably want to do another building. Whether it would be tall or not who knows?

I would be paying attention to the area along market south of 131 - with things about to take shape on fulton/market area I think that'd be his next place to shine.

Just a thought...

I don't know. I don't see him partnering up with the Amway crowd. And I think he has the "Go big or go home" mentality. Maybe the empty lots on the riverfront North of I-196, to block Icon's "view" of the river. Or as Rizzo said, on the lots North of the Ford Museum. Create his own little kingdom over there.

I'm not sure if those two lots are auxiliary for Ford's main lot off of Pearl. It would be kind of cool to see a high rise on the main Ford lot. I could really see something like that creating a lot of density there.

Who knows if another residential tower would be in the mix. I think if it was it would be South of 131 on the Grand. Perhaps Grooters would like to get into the hotel scene? There is still plenty of demand there. And in that case I think they'd like to build closer to the central business district.

If he's making money and the market can handle it, I don't see why he wouldn't build more in GR. There a lot of places I would like to see a high-rise. I wish it were in the center city, but other suggestions include the lot east of the courthouse, the Dadds magic bus lot, the parking lot south of Swift printing, or basically any other parking lot/underused parcel. I think on his next project he should incorporate office and residental. Is the office market still way below capacity? Maybe a 400-600 foot office/hotel/condo/apartment/retail building? One can only dream.

There are two lots that can be developed near the museum? i was always afraid Bridgewater and Riverhouse would be an island because it surounded by the highway, river, and the Ford. I would like to see more some more buildings taller then two story near our city's tallest.

I would like to see some 7 to 10 story buildings spout up on the north parking lot of the Ford Museum and some 5-7 story buildings on Bridge street within two blocks of US 131. That would integrate River House into the rest of the city skyline quite nicely.

Got to go up into Riverhouse last night. There was a realtor open house and I begged my wife to take me!

Not a lot to report and no real surprises, but it's really coming along nicely. Even though it's across the river and not right in town which I wasn't as crazy about, the views and those huge windows are incredible! Easily some of the best views from any high rise in town! (if only I had a lot more money and no young family!) Riding that construction elevator was very cool. (even though the people I was standing by kept talking about being scared of falling to their death!) I wonder if they'd do a lunch and learn...

Very nice. I like the glass on the balconies!

Is the concrete for the balconies going to be painted white underneath? I guess the tops don't matter since you can't see them, but white paint on the bottoms would look pretty sharp. :)

Very nice. I like the glass on the balconies!

Is the concrete for the balconies going to be painted white underneath? I guess the tops don't matter since you can't see them, but white paint on the bottoms would look pretty sharp. :)

Since the building is glass and steel, I imagine they will have some kind of cladding on them. I've seen brick condos where they leave the concrete patios exposed and it doesn't look that bad, but not with this kind of finish.

Boy, you'd think they could vent the dryers in a little less conspicuous location, huh?

I think the dryers are ventless. I believe what you are seeing is the fresh air intake for the furnace :dontknow: Each unit will have it own ventilation system that is separate from the main building. Since each until has a balcony, they put them there instead of in the glass facade.

I think the dryers are ventless. I believe what you are seeing is the fresh air intake for the furnace :dontknow: Each unit will have it own ventilation system that is separate from the main building. Since each until has a balcony, they put them there instead of in the glass facade.

Those just go to those big, portable construction heaters to keep the building warm for the workers.

Those just go to those big, portable construction heaters to keep the building warm for the workers.

:lol: I thought they were talking about the "gray" looking vent that is in the upper left hand corner of the balcony. You are correct that the circular vent in the plywood doors are for the construction heaters.

Archived