River House Condominiums

GRCentro

A friend of mine who is buying a place on the 5th floor said that they are just waiting for one document to be signed and they will be complete with the politics (parking ramp agreement, Grainger, etc). There is an open house this Tuesday for the Grand Opening of the model. My friend said if everything goes well he will be signing an agreement within two weeks.

Joe

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine who is buying a place on the 5th floor said that they are just waiting for one document to be signed and they will be complete with the politics (parking ramp agreement, Grainger, etc). There is an open house this Tuesday for the Grand Opening of the model. My friend said if everything goes well he will be signing an agreement within two weeks.

Joe

Wonder what document could be holding up the process. At the outset, I was not a big fan of this project, but now it is my most anticipated project downtown. Next to the JW Marriott. ;)

Wonder what document could be holding up the process. At the outset, I was not a big fan of this project, but now it is my most anticipated project downtown. Next to the JW Marriott. ;)

The building itself doesn't do much for me, aside from its height :yahoo: But I am very glad to hear this one sounds like its moving forward

I am sure that there are always more documents that need to be worked on and that is probably part of the delay. But I truly think that Grooters is not a Field of Dreams "if you build it they will come" believer. Currently it appears that they are in the low 100s for number of presold models. I think that the hold up is primarily due to the fact that he has not hit his "break even" point for this development to be profitable. I imagine that they feel that they will reach that point soon, which is why they said to watch for a February start date.

He did the same thing with Bridgewater. It just seems that on these types of developments, he tends to be conservative on the front end and then, once it gets rolling, he becomes liberal in his decisions. I believe that it will begin this year. But, I think that more than anything else, he will wait until he has enough signatures to meet his magic number.

Joe's post said "parking agreement with Grainger". I would say that's the document Prankster :thumbsup: .

I don't think they'll sell any more units until they start construction. A real Catch 22 at this point. Who will blink first? Once it starts going up, people will be coming out of the woodwork to buy, and not just from GR. River House will be the tallest residential building in Michigan when finished, and one of the tallest in the Midwest (outside of Chicago and Mpls). That kind of prestige carries a lot of appeal.

This RiverHouse thread, if I'm not mistaken, gets more hits from all over the State than any other.

And I think more tallest Residential towers will put in some more prestige for the city of GR.. you think?

Its too bad someone is not considering a new high rise building with apartments. That would bring a lot more people downtown who may not be ready or able to pay 170 K or more for a condo. It just proves that condos are more profitable for developers.

Icon II sounds like it's going to be apartments. 9 floors is not exactly high-rise, but...

Unless he was serious about builidng the second tower and the origianlly propsed 220 feet. It sounds like he was just joking, as told by those who were at the meeting even though the media reported the taller building as a possibility. I don't think he has the resources to go 21 or 22 stories.

Unless he was serious about builidng the second tower and the origianlly propsed 220 feet. It sounds like he was just joking, as told by those who were at the meeting even though the media reported the taller building as a possibility. I don't think he has the resources to go 21 or 22 stories.

Yeah, it sounds like Moch had problem with financing the current one and Although it would nice to see a apartment high-rise, because i would move in in almost a hearbeat, but I see only a slim to none chance of Moch going 21 to 22 stories.

I just wonder how long until people with reservations get tired of waiting and find a different place to live.

I don't know how big of a factor it will be. They knew when they signed up they were looking at 18 - 24 months till move in. These aren't people in any time crunch. I would bet almost 1/2 are investors anyway.

So wait, is this a go? I am told that ground breaking, or whatever, i'm not sure since ground and foundation for this building was laid years ago, is February, or pretty much this month. I have maintained my skepticism on this project, since it's inception, because i've seen, towers at this location come and go since 1992. The only thing that makes me have hope on Riverhouse, is the fact that every thing that Grooters, requests, or needs, seems to be falling into place. Can someone give me a definate answer, is this project a go will this building be built, or are we still in this murky grey area where the start date, keeps getting pushed back, until ultimately it is forgotten?

no i'm not trying to be that demanding, sorry if I came accross that way, I just hear so much and see so much, I guess I am just the UP GR, pessimist, when it comes to new buildings, I have a hard time being enthusiastic until I see cranes

So wait, is this a go? I am told that ground breaking, or whatever, i'm not sure since ground and foundation for this building was laid years ago, is February, or pretty much this month. I have maintained my skepticism on this project, since it's inception, because i've seen, towers at this location come and go since 1992. The only thing that makes me have hope on Riverhouse, is the fact that every thing that Grooters, requests, or needs, seems to be falling into place. Can someone give me a definate answer, is this project a go will this building be built, or are we still in this murky grey area where the start date, keeps getting pushed back, until ultimately it is forgotten?

Usually best to go right to the source . . .call Grooters Development and find out instead of getting guesses on this blog . .

River House will be the tallest residential building in Michigan when finished, and one of the tallest in the Midwest (outside of Chicago and Mpls). That kind of prestige carries a lot of appeal.

Taller than Eastbank??? Wow.

Archived