River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a building as tall as Riverhouse is going to be they will have to have a tower crane just like you see in the posted Amway picture. There are still plenty of things that will need to be lifted to the top of the building and a standard crane isn't able to reach that high.

:yahoo::yahoo:

^last time I was in town there was tower crane for the new art museum

It's not needed for height on that project but for length of reach. It was probably more cost effective to use one tower crane that can reach the entire project than multiple rolling cranes. They also may not have had room on site for the rolling cranes or may not have been allowed to station the rolling cranes on the surrounding streets.

I don't have the edikashun to describe the models very well, so at the risk of sounding like a yokel, here goes. They've dummied up an elevator lobby with a faux marble floor and wood walls with an interesting simulated wood grain. Then you walk into a living area with closets and further in is the kitchen. I think it's cherry wood with granite countertops and black appliances. The kitchen has one row of cupboards and an island with a raised eating counter on the living area side. Along one wall they have a row of the other wood finish options for cabinets. Then there's the bathroom with faux tile and a sunken tub. They painted the walls a butterscotch/pumpkin color, and the carpeting in the living area, as well as the tile in the bathroom, is creamy beige. I think they are going for "warm" to offset the exterior chill of the blue glass building and all the black and grey marble throughout Bridegewater. Not sure who they used for design. All in all, it really made me appreciate Union Square.

• 2 weeks later...

Great find Gary! There are some other interesting things in that article:

http://www.mibiz.com/absolutenm/templates/...=7977&zoneid=32

-The second tower is wider on the first six floors to accommodate parking. Must be they had to add parking to the building to satisfy Grainger (who owns Tower 1)??

- 57 caissons will be added to the site

- It will be the tallest and heaviest building in GR (119' taller than TI)

- 3 high-speed elevators including a freight elevator

- The second floor will have a pool, spa, fitness and steam rooms, a club room with a kitchenette, and an area overlooking the 2 story lobby with concierge service

Is it just me or do other people think this will throw off the skyline balance? It is cool that they are building a new tallest but right now it is pretty centralized and having the tallest building a few blocks north I think will make it look a little funny for years until they build a new tallest closer to the center like lyon/ottawa, current city hall, or huntington bank area. I personally think that the original Bridgewater twin tower plan would work much better for that location and riverhouse could be built at Fulton/market, haha.

Is it just me or do other people think this will throw off the skyline balance? It is cool that they are building a new tallest but right now it is pretty centralized and having the tallest building a few blocks north I think will make it look a little funny for years until they build a new tallest closer to the center like lyon/ottawa, current city hall, or huntington bank area. I personally think that the original Bridgewater twin tower plan would work much better for that location and riverhouse could be built at Fulton/market, haha.

Yeah, ideally lyon and ottawa would have the tallest, but you gotta take what you can get IMO. The more skyscrapers the merrier :D

Yeah, ideally lyon and ottawa would have the tallest, but you gotta take what you can get IMO. The more skyscrapers the merrier :D

Yah, that's what I was going to say. The skyline will look better from the North and South. It will just mean they will have to go way taller than 400' at Lyon/Ottawa or Calder Plaza ;)

Archived