Retail/stores you would like to see in SE VA

Now I'm sad.  There's truth to rumor that Buffett was thinking of buying Duck-In.  Forget turning it into a Cheeseburger in Paradise or Margaritaville; he should've started a third format:  Duck-In.  Or just make Duck-In a one of a kind Margaritaville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There will be a Cheeseburger in Paradise attached to the Carrabas at Lynnhaven.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could easily see a Lord & Taylor at MacArthur Center. They are already in Lynnhaven.  The TV store is, unfortunately, even in Georgetown Park in D.C.....:(    I hope Tidewater will see a retail renaissance soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lord & Taylor is closed now at Lynnhaven as is all of their southern stores. I think the market was just not right for them.

There will be a Cheeseburger in Paradise attached to the Carrabas at Lynnhaven.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although I would love for this to happen, I highly doubt it comes to the Lynnhaven area. I just dont see it making it in that location.

Jimmy Buffett loves this area and was even thinking about buying the Duck-In, so I'm really surprised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is one of Jimmy's favorite areas, but he just couldnt touch the rediculous amount of money that was offered for the new condos. This is the story I heard from a very good inside source. I believe that would have done really well in that area of chicks beach.

Why does everyone have so much doubt that this store can come to lynnhaven? I've never been to one myself so I am unfamiliar with the format, but I am curious as to what demographics they may be looking for that this will not succeed in the lynnhaven market.

Who knows....I hope it does. It's great food and atmosphere and it would lure the tourists from the beach to the lynnhaven neck of the woods possibly creating more revenue from all the shops in the mall area. I think if the they could talk them into coming, it would be good for the area.

Cheeseburger in Paradise looks like a Buffett themed version of Ruby Tuesday or TGI Fridays. Is there really a difference between any of them? Margaritaville looks like Joe's Crab Shack but is located in ueber-tourist areas. Either format will work because HR already has plenty of seafood and over-priced burger joints. The only way I see either one of them not working is that they don't meet lofty sales expectations, but they should be profitable. Soloextreme, a Cheeseburger in Paradise is signed up for the mixed-use development next to Walmart in NN.

Hmm...Makes me wonder if this resturant would be a better fit for towncenter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't remember the name of it, but it's the development that was supposed to have Border's and a couple other large chain stores. After they bailed to be on the other side of 64 next to or within Patrick Henry Mall, the development which was supposed to be a shopping center was redone into a mixed-use place. From the Cheeseburger in Paradise site, it looks like they're all in suburban locations. Looks like Lynnhaven is the perfect spot.

NEWS FLASH...

Trader Joe's is coming to Hampton Roads. Maybe as early as December, or as late as February. The first location will be in NNews in Jefferson Commons, the center where Kohl's is going into. A VB location will hopefully open late 2006. How do I know this (considering this is my first post)? You'll just have to trust me, I guess.

More to come...

NEWS FLASH...

Trader Joe's is coming to Hampton Roads. Maybe as early as December, or as  late as February. The first location will be in NNews in Jefferson Commons, the center where Kohl's is going into. A VB location will hopefully open late 2006. How do I know this (considering this is my first post)? You'll just have to trust me, I guess.

More to come...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the info and maybe you can tell us later on!

NEWS FLASH...

Trader Joe's is coming to Hampton Roads. Maybe as early as December, or as  late as February. The first location will be in NNews in Jefferson Commons, the center where Kohl's is going into. A VB location will hopefully open late 2006. How do I know this (considering this is my first post)? You'll just have to trust me, I guess.

More to come...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks some very good news. Welcome to the forum :) .

WTF is a trader joe. isnt that just a fancy groccery store? who cares....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is the type of high end grocer the they've been trying to attract to areas such as TC, etc. If your going for a high end urban development one of the most important parts is to have a local grocer who will cater to the needs of the "urbanite" demographic. Put in the right location it can really compliment a development.

Archived