NASCAR Hall of Fame

cityboi

It appears the real reason the HOF is coming to Charlotte is simply due to the number of local drivers who said they would readily support the HOF in Charlotte, but would not get on a plane to do the same for one in Atlanta. This includes all of the biggies such as Dale Jr.

Apparently there is nothing that NASCAR can do to force them to support the other museums, hence the other cities never stood a chance.

I think they would have gone to the other cities if their sponsors twisted their arms a little. Maybe just not as willingly and often as having it here in Charlotte. :thumbsup:

Nascar made the right decision. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I just hope it doesn't wind up costing Charlotte too much.

Possibly, but only if the sponsors were going to make significant money by doing so. It's not clear to me the driver's sponsors are getting anything out of the HOF. For example, would Dupont shell out enough money to induce Hendrick to force Gordon to go to the ATL HOF to do appearances? Dale Jr. said in today's paper that he just would not do it.

There were many reasons to pick Charlotte and proximity to drivers was a major one. The drivers wanted it near by so the lobbied for Charlotte by indicating that they wouldn't go to the other cities much. Jeff Gordon lives 2 blocks away in Charlotte. He'll definitely be at the hall often.

Ok after some stories about parents killing their children in Charlotte,....

Channel 9 finally got around to the HOF and said that NASCAR still isn't saying it is Charlotte only that there is an annoucement at 4PM. Imagine the faces in the crowd if they announced that it will be in Daytona.

Could all the last-minute meetings have been because of a possible relo for Nascar headquarters? They like to do things big and are the ultimate showman. I wouldn't be surprised if they had additional announcements to make at this press conference.

It is so crazy that some local news outfits are being cautious beyond common sense. Why would they hold a press conference here he they had picked another city? :)

Indeed. Channel 9 is still putiing out teasers saying "We should find out in a few hours IF the NASCAR HOF will be located in Charlotte." How's that for journalism?

They are rushing someone to the location of the green slime which is now a yellow liquid. :lol:

^That is likely according to an inside source. I do know they already have some office space in the current 1st wachovia building.....maybe this means that the new wachovia building is waiting out for the potential of housing the nascar hq???? This would be quite an announcement. Any thoughts?

Could all the last-minute meetings have been because of a possible relo for Nascar headquarters? They like to do things big and are the ultimate showman. I wouldn't be surprised if they had additional announcements to make at this press conference.

I think you nailed it. Look for headqaurts relo from Daytona.

Archived