Overnight Onstreet Parking

eltron

This is definitely correct and I have done it plenty of times in the past when I lived on the East Side. I usually just called the main police number and aske that my car be put on the do not ticket list for whatever the reason was. It worked every time.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
But at the hearings, none of the opponents was honest enough to say -- We've got all the parking we need, and we don't want hoi-polloi parking in front of our houses. Instead, there was endless handwringing over emergency vehicles not being to be able to get through in those precious and perilous five pre-dawn hours.

David- Can you offer a little more information about what you've been hearing about this? The news from the lower Elmwood city councilor seems to be the same as it has been since February. He says there wasn't enough snow this winter to determine if the Washington Park pilot will be successful in the case of snow, so they have to wait until the end of next winter to decide to expand the program or not.

Do you know about something that has actually changed?

if that's the case, they need to add something like "during snow emergencies, you can only park on odd sides of the street." i don't think that not having enough snow is a good enough reason not to expand the program. after all... how many other cities have a permit program and get by just fine?

My question is this: We all know how absurd the current rules are. Everything that can be said about it, has been said. What needs to be done to pressure our elected officials & city departments to change the situation ASAP? This thing about the extended pilot is ridiculous. How do we get the message across that it is unacceptable? How do we actually *fix* the problem, so we can stop re-hashing the same complaints, on this board and elsewhere, every couple of months?

It seems like a lot of people want it to change, but there isn't an organized effort to make it happen, unless I am missing something. (Please let me know if I'm wrong! I'll gladly add my voice to anyone's who is really working on this!)

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone go to the WBNA meeting last night to discuss the resident permit program? I could only stop by at the very beginning to grab a lawn sign (which is funny because no one on my street has a lawn, or any grass, but I digress...), and was wondering how the discussion went.

Thanks for any info!

Is anyone against onstreet parking? I am for purely selfish reasons, I bought houses with parking, and they were more expensive than houses without parking.. But other than that, I cannot think of one good reason why there shouldn't be on street parking.. Maybe the ignorant people of PVD will just start parking in the middle of the street and block traffic like they do when they J-walk.. Thats about it

Is anyone against onstreet parking? I am for purely selfish reasons, I bought houses with parking, and they were more expensive than houses without parking.. But other than that, I cannot think of one good reason why there shouldn't be on street parking.. Maybe the ignorant people of PVD will just start parking in the middle of the street and block traffic like they do when they J-walk.. Thats about it

The official argument is that leaving my car on the street during the four hours between 2AM through 6AM is a fire hazard and would not allow fire engines to get up the street. However, it is not a fire hazard if I park my park at 6:15 in the morning and leave it there until 1:45 AM? I've always eagerly awaited the day when someone tried to explain this logic to me??!

The argument is also that overnight on street cars would interfere with street sweeping, you know, the street sweeping that we get about once a year... Well here's a genius idea, it's called every street has a certain day of no parking during certain hours so the city can street sweep. Even Pawtucket does this, along with every other urban area in existence. Nice color coded signs make this work.

The argument is also that overnight on street cars would interfere with street sweeping, you know, the street sweeping that we get about once a year... Well here's a genius idea, it's called every street has a certain day of no parking during certain hours so the city can street sweep. Even Pawtucket does this, along with every other urban area in existence. Nice color coded signs make this work.

Archived