Must-do/see in Charleston!

goodbye

First of all, I've really enjoyed reading about the developments happening in Charelston and everyone's input on how it should grow into the future. :)

Since so many people around the country think of Charleston as a vacation spot, lets talk about what gives it that attraction. What are some things you enjoy doing and seeing there? If you live in Charleston, tell us about the things people visiting must see or do. Since I, and many others like myself, don't get to visit often, this would help us all get a better education on the present state of this nationally historic city.

Lets get'er fired up! :thumbsup:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Fishing on one of the Rivers and going to Sullivan's Island for the Beach, Sullivan's is nice a peaceful, not alot of people.

Also I like to eat at Hyman's when I am there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK folks, your friendly neighborhood Chucktown tour guide is here. :thumbsup: Hyman's is good, but I would recommend something a little "less touristy". Next time, try The Boathouse on East Bay Street, A.W. Shucks on Market St., or S.N.O.B. (Slightly North of Broad) on East Bay for seafood.

When I come back home, I love to walk around Waterfront Park. I proposed to my fiancee at the Pineapple Fountain there, but the other fountain is one where you can splash and play in during a hot spring or summer day.

I love to go to Aquarium Wharf, a newer part of downtown. You can take the Fort Sumter tour from there, but I like going to the SC Aquarium and the IMAX theater at Fountain Walk. Outside of downtown, Folly Beach is the place to go for me...the beach where the locals hang out. On the pier, you can chill out and have a beer, fish, or go for a stroll. You can go surfing at what is known as "The Washout", which is a strip of beach about 2 miles north of the pier that has the best waves to surf on.

Of course, I HIGHLY recommend seeing the Stingrays hockey team play at the coliseum near the airport and the Riverdogs baseball team at Riley Park downtown. BEAUTIFUL baseball stadium with some of the best views of the Ashley River.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Something I never fail to do is the horse and buggy tours. It's so Charleston and gives you a great look at the beauty of the city. I have been on all of the tours so many times, yet I always learn something new or see something I never noticed before... And after the tour, a walk through the market is a must.

Archived