POSTPONED: 110 Westminster Street

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I guess that makes sense, if in fact the project was sold and is being scaled back at the same time. It doesn't make much sense to keep the same name in that case, especially if we're to end up with just a hotel, and no condos (a more sensible proposition, in my humble opinion).

To add to the cloak and dagger nature of this story...look at this:

Months ago from the Cambridge Seven website:

Cambridge Seven was commissioned to design The W Hotel, which, when built, will be the tallest building in Providence. Designed for a sophisticated clientele

While I'm sure Bluechip moving out had more to do with the project selling- a less known fact is that entire lobby and first floor office/retail/lobby/atrium for that building which held the bluechip office is going to be completely rebuilt/redesigned.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatley now I must admit i think this project is dead in my mind until i see the first floor constructed. My only hope is that the attractive location will appeal to developers. Whatever goes there, as long as its taller than 50 Kennedy Plaza or preferably the textron tower, ill be happy

Archived