Statler Hotel Demolition Progress

Allan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't have the post count bump you all up in the ranking too fast. Then everyone would be a city. :lol:

And no, I'm not going to tell when you're going to change to the next level because we decided not to tell members...it's a urbanplanet secret. Besides, I'm too lazy to look it up....

I think they are on the 13th floor...I don't know anymore. I haven't been to Detroit in more than a month, with the exception of a very quick urbex adventure one afternoon. I was on vacation at our cottage up north for a week. I've spent most of my weekends in Grand Rapids, as we are currently trying to clean out & sell my great grandmother's house (which she has lived in since 1933) and my grandmother's house (which she had lived in for 40+ years). It's hard enough trying to do one house at a time, let alone two.

I can get some photos on the 13th, as I am giving the PW tour. As usual, though, I've managed to schedule myself to be in two different places 60 miles apart at the same exact time. PW has to come first though, so the other people will just have to sulk in the corner because I'm not there. LOL.

Yeah, it looks like it. I already know you and Aaron, but haven't yet met Lakelander.

Maybe I can convince some of my friends that lurk around here to show up too. I wouldn't be meeting anyone new, but at least everyone else would be. Haha.

I'd be willing to extend my driving radius, as long as that doesn't mean picking people up in G-Rapids. That's too far.

Aaron, I believe you owe me $7 for pizza at Pizzapapalis when we all went down for the draft day event. But since I'm a nice guy, you don't have to pay.

Also, it is time for some before/afters.

IMG_7294.jpg

TO

DSCF0121.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

TO

DSCF0107.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

TO

DSCF0132.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

TO

DSCF0084.jpg

I said it once; and I'll sate it again. Economics see no place for art, history, or even care of the people. We now live an a facist country fueled on sprawl and disreguard. Maybe an oil crisis will wip us into shape, no? <_<

fudgeINGBLAHDETROIT!!!

Archived