Greenville Mall

motonenterprises

I asked someone at Sports Authority what they were going to do and they said they will most likely close there and continue to operate their Marketplace (Laurens Rd) facility.

Now there's nearly a ready-made opportunity for the old Service Merchandise location. Maybe the Sports Authority should consider closing both locations and moving into the old Service Merchandise store?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now there's nearly a ready-made opportunity for the old Service Merchandise location. Maybe the Sports Authority should consider closing both locations and moving into the old Service Merchandise store?

^ Thats a great idea RT! With the Verdae development happening, I would think the old Service Merch location would be a prime spot for future growth and visibility. Traffic counts should only continue to rise on both ends of Verdae Blvd.

I agree, Verdae Boulevard is going to BOOM once the Verdae development becomes a reality. I wonder how much the value of real estate along Verdae (like Verdae MarketFair) will increase over the next 15-20 years? I would guess a lot.

I haven't been too impressed with the Sports Authority on Laurens Road in the past, but perhaps a move to Verdae would be a fresh start for them.

I can't help but think MarketFair would be a better location for Sports Authority than either of their current locations. Plus: It'll be a heck of a lot easier to get to than Dicks's is at Greenridge. Then again, maybe they'll line something up with the new owners for a new store there once it is redeveloped? Who knows?

I'm curious to see what the plans for the Greenville Mall will look like once the owners have decided what to do with it.

I agree, Sports Authority would be a GREAT addition to Verdae's already great and unique tenant lineup. Their store at Marketplace is sad; it needs a lot of work.

Oh, I forgot to mention that they have removed ALL of the trees and plants from the mall, no music is playing, the fountains have stopped running, no more customer service person, and there are only about 25 tables left in the food court. They were measuring the corridor from the food court to the old Dillard's, and I saw a cart like thing with drywall; I am wondering if they're going to close the rest of that corridor off. The restaurant that was "AT YOUR TABLE" has been gutted practically; the bar, tables, pictures, lights, floor, etc are gone. All it is is a shell. It's worth a visit and a few pictures if you have time, why there's still a little bit of the "mall" left.

Does this mean that the demolition could begin as soon as this summer? If Eddie Bauer is moving to Haywood in April, and some of the other remaining stores are hoping to be out soon, demolition work seems possible sometime this summer. If anyone who knows more about this than I do would like to wager a guess, I am all ears. :)

I wonder how many of those smaller stores would survive elsewhere?

The only stores left worth mentioning are Nina's, Finish Line, Mr. Knickerbocker's, Eddie Bauer, and April Cornell. Nina's and Finish Line are already at Haywood, and Eddie Bauer will be there in April. Mr. Knickerbocker's would do well anywhere in Greenville. The only questionable store is April Cornell. That store does well for the location but I don't think it warrants a new Greenridge-priced location. I don't shop there but I hate to see anything leave this market. Kind of puts a bad taste in other retailers' mouths IMO. If a company were basing coming to Greenville on Greenville Mall stores we would never get another new store. I'm glad that White House/Black Market and Talbot's moved to Greenridge. They are both having record-breaking sales.

The only stores left worth mentioning are Nina's, Finish Line, Mr. Knickerbocker's, Eddie Bauer, and April Cornell. Nina's and Finish Line are already at Haywood, and Eddie Bauer will be there in April. Mr. Knickerbocker's would do well anywhere in Greenville. The only questionable store is April Cornell. That store does well for the location but I don't think it warrants a new Greenridge-priced location. I don't shop there but I hate to see anything leave this market. Kind of puts a bad taste in other retailers' mouths IMO. If a company were basing coming to Greenville on Greenville Mall stores we would never get another new store. I'm glad that White House/Black Market and Talbot's moved to Greenridge. They are both having record-breaking sales.

My wife is helping to keep White House/Black Market's sales up. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived