Downcity/Providence Retail

AriPVD

L'Epicureo and the hotel were separate businesses, the new owner of the hotel has bought out the restaurant and will be owning both now.

Is L'Ep going to return to the hill or anything, or are they just as happy being bought out and getting out of the biz?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is L'Ep going to return to the hill or anything, or are they just as happy being bought out and getting out of the biz?

I'm not sure, but I haven't heard anything about L'Epicureo re-emerging anyplace else.

And what do we think about a small space having a tanning salon???

I'm sure we have more than enough tanning salons in Rhode Island.

we don't need this in providence...

and there's like 80 tanning salons a short walk away on federal hill and i'm sure another 30 on college hill. do the spas downtown do tanning?

:rofl:

Obviously you have not visited Scarbourogh beach in the summer or Pearl in the winter. :scared:

:rofl:

Obviously you have not visited Scarbourogh beach in the summer or Pearl in the winter. :scared:

i try to avoid scarborough (though there is some nice sight seeing there). i go to east matunuck. it's less crowded and cleaner.

i also tend not to frequent charles st.

we don't need this in providence...

and there's like 80 tanning salons a short walk away on federal hill and i'm sure another 30 on college hill. do the spas downtown do tanning?

As a jersey boy I must say this is so true...but most kids like that are from Long Island....

agreed. i just don't see the point in getting a fake tan. there's nothing worse than someone who looks like they sat in an oven or unnaturally tan in the winter.

I'm sure there must be some place on the planet where the

(minus the green hair) is in style.

• 3 weeks later...
PBN reports that Washington Trust is opening a new branch at 156 Westminster Street to replace it's 180 Washington Street branch. 180 Washington being the drive-thru bank. Could someone then be looking to knock over the drive-thru building and build new on that and the neighboring surface lot? PLEASE!

PBN reports that Washington Trust is opening a new branch at 156 Westminster Street to replace it's 180 Washington Street branch. 180 Washington being the drive-thru bank. Could someone then be looking to knock over the drive-thru building and build new on that and the neighboring surface lot? PLEASE!

or maybe CVS will get their drive thru pharmacy. :rolleyes:

I have heard that Tom and Rozann Buckner (the former owners of L'Epicureo) will be opening a new restaurant at the Italo American Club, located in a beautiful turn of the century mansion on Broadway in Providence. Rumor has it that the new restaurant will open in late May or early June.

I have heard that Tom and Rozann Buckner (the former owners of L'Epicureo) will be opening a new restaurant at the Italo American Club, located in a beautiful turn of the century mansion on Broadway in Providence. Rumor has it that the new restaurant will open in late May or early June.

Is this the same building as Phoenix Dragon? and would this be in addition to?

Wow, that is such fantastic news! Have any of you been to the Italo American Club? The interior is huge (about 10,000 square feet) and has some gorgeous details. I wrote it up in my blog here a while back... It would be the perfect venue for a unique Providence restaurant.

Wow, that is such fantastic news! Have any of you been to the Italo American Club? The interior is huge (about 10,000 square feet) and has some gorgeous details. I wrote it up in my blog here a while back... It would be the perfect venue for a unique Providence restaurant.

Well the restaurant at the Italo is upstairs, which has decidedly less features...The upstairs could use a redo, which I am hoping will be the case. The club is not going away, so there are some limitations.

I for one am happy about this, but they need to advertise. When it was Mama Theresa's and ViVo, too many people believed you needed to be a member to eat there. You dont...

Archived