Downtown Jacksonville

bobliocatt

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been keeping my eye on both projects and it seems like SMP is going much slower than the strand. With a ten floor (or more) headstart, it will be interesting to see if SMP can even come close.

It sounds to me like we might have to break out the lawn chairs for the finish of this epic race.

For more information on the new restaurant, Plaza III Steakhouse, going into the Hyatt, see here:

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jackso...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Sounds like a great place. I am especially looking forward to this:

"We're going to offer a carving station with prime rib, turkey, ham, for people on the go who can't stay for an entire lunch," Masco said. "It'll be unique among the Plaza III locations."

According to the Jax Daily Record, Bay Street will soon have three bars located within a half block of each other. Eclate, which has re-opened, TSI, which is going up next door and another spot called "Mark's", which will open before the end of the year on the first floor of the Suddath Building.

Very exciting news. Do you have any idea if TSI and Marks will be just bars, or clubs?

I really liked Eclate when I went on a Wednesday (even though it was nearly empty). However, I went on a Saturday once, and it was basically a "clubbing" scene, which I'm not very interested in.

Either way, great news ... I'm sure they will create good synergy and breath needed life into the area.

I don't know if I like this move. It looks like The Fund is going to court local banks for the Marble Bank. Due to the high degree of historic architectural detail, on the interior, I always hoped for a more public use. I guess when its complete, I'm going to have to risk the chance of getting my camera taken away by going inside and taking pics.

Pension Fund to court local banks

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=43901

Very exciting news. Do you have any idea if TSI and Marks will be just bars, or clubs?

I really liked Eclate when I went on a Wednesday (even though it was nearly empty). However, I went on a Saturday once, and it was basically a "clubbing" scene, which I'm not very interested in.

Either way, great news ... I'm sure they will create good synergy and breath needed life into the area.

I believe TSI is a club, like Eclate. However, Mark's is supposed to be a bar.

JBJ reports that the Riverside YMCA is planning to eventually construct a new riverfront facility (where the track is), and sell the current building site to developers. Personally, I think they are doing this the exact wrong way. They should sell the riverfront side to developers, and use the money to renovate the current street side facility. However, it sounds like they are dead-set against having to shut-down for any period of time.

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jackso.../31/story2.html

Instead of selling its riverfront access, though, Ream said the YMCA would sell the parcel where its present building is, along Riverside Avenue. It decided to market its streetfront parcel rather than riverfront because its leadership thought it the best way for the YMCA to remain on the property and take advantage of its location along a growing commercial strip that has attracted businesses like The St. Joe Co. (NYSE: JOE) and Fidelity National Financial Inc. (NYSE: FNF).

Before the sale, a new YMCA will be constructed along the riverfront and existing operations moved into it so members experience "a seamless transition."

Who knows what the timetable for something like this might be. Years and years away, it seems.

Archived