New Greenville developments

gs3

A graduate from Johnson and Wales in Charleston who has owned several restaurants all over the country bought The Gathering Spot in late Nov./early Dec. He is from New Jersey and has the accent to prove it. Sounds kinda like the guy you are talking about, cafealotaguy. His name is Mike.

If any of you have tried The G-Spot in the past for dinner and weren't impressed, I would give it another shot now. They also have started serving lunch.

Edit: Typo

I refuse to go to any place with such a TACKY name.

Ok sorry for the delay but, yes my neighbor is the owner/operator of The Gathering Spot. His name is also Mike so I'm about 100% sure that he's the guy behind the new restraunt. I was going to go talk to him today about it but, because of this "sultry,steamy,burning hot" first day of spring, I really didn't feel like talking to him outside being that my pale white skin could not take the powerful UV rays of the sun :silly:. But, next time I see him outside or w/e I'll ask about it.

I don't recall whether someone already posted the link to the recent study on the Greenville County economic strategy, but here it is anyway. The the study and report is by Market Street Services, Inc. of Atlanta, GA. It shows some of the positives and negatives of the current and recent local economy in Greenville. Pretty interesting... ;)

Click Here

Last quote in article may be the most relevant. While this may help in "recruiting" business to the area, how sustainable is marketing yourself as low-cost as an economic development strategy? Mexico has roughly 1/5th the cost structure and China is around 1/15th.

Last quote in article may be the most relevant. While this may help in "recruiting" business to the area, how sustainable is marketing yourself as low-cost as an economic development strategy? Mexico has roughly 1/5th the cost structure and China is around 1/15th.

Fortunately, there's really no need to do so. Unfortunately, many still make this their main selling point when marketing the area.

edit: clarification

Edited by breed

http://www.capllc.com/images/properties/wa..._labeled_lg.jpg; aerial view of walgreens site plan at the intersection of Roper Mountain Road Extension and Pelham Road.

Semi-rendering of walgreens available at http://www.capllc.com/

-click on new projects on left hand side, then click walgreens under proposed, then click site plan.

Edited by g-man430

I couldn't find anywhere to put this, but I think that somethink like Providence, RI's WaterFire Providence would be a great attraction to the Reedy River above the falls.

That's wild. Reminds me a little of the fountain in front of the Piedmont Natural Gas, except on a much grander scale.

I may be mistaken, but I think the same area (without the fires lit) is the first building demonstrated on the Pictometry webpage.

Just noticed today that commercial up fitting work has started on the lower level of the Bookends, does any body know what going there? Also at Poinsett Corners they are up fitting two commercial units, does anybody know anything about these? Good to see the spaces filling in. :thumbsup:

Has anyone here heard anything more about the TAFAB building. I know that it is "in a holding pattern", but I just wondered if anyone has heard anything recently. I went to the website today and it is still active, but no changes that I can see. If The Pinnacle, Camperdown, and this one got off it would really help give Gville a skyline.

I would love to have a small business in one of the office suites. Just have to wait and see. Hopefully this hurricane season will be less demanding on the construction materials supply and costs will remain lower. That would help many of these developers and financial officers feel safer about investing in the projects.

I would love to have a small business in one of the office suites. Just have to wait and see. Hopefully this hurricane season will be less demanding on the construction materials supply and costs will remain lower. That would help many of these developers and financial officers feel safer about investing in the projects.

Significantly lower construction costs are not expected, as high construction costs are tied more to explosive growth and construction in China than to the rough hurricane season.