IN PROGRESS: The Residences at The Westin

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's topped off, there's a flag on top, it's lit right now, so if you can see the building from where you are, that's what the light on top is. I can't fathom what they did today, I swear it went up 40 feet today, the top looks completely different now than it did this morning. I wonder if maybe they are having a ceremony tomorrow, or if they had one today.

I was on the Lyon Ave. overpass of 195 in East Providence earlier. Great view of Downcity and the new towers from there. Anyone with a camera who can make it over there could get a great shot. It's between much the highest overpass over 195 in EP.

You know, when you're actually downtown, Westin II looks kind of small, at least compared to the "big three." However, looking at the entire skyline from a distance, this one tower makes the city look a lot bigger.

i always think it looks huge when i'm downtown and right under it.

I think it seems small when you are downtown, because it is so detached from the other buildings, because even biltomore seems fairly big downtown because it is closer to the big 3, but if you look from a distance both kennedy and biltmopre seem really small.

I think it seems small when you are downtown, because it is so detached from the other buildings, because even biltomore seems fairly big downtown because it is closer to the big 3, but if you look from a distance both kennedy and biltmopre seem really small.

i think the biltmore has a larger footprint, or seems to because of the shape.

• 2 weeks later...

^I don't know if I'd like the green panels in a standalone building. Here, though, they help to tie the building to the existing Westin, without duplicating its look exactly.

I'm liking the black screen connecting the two buildings. Nice reference to the similar pattern to come in the roof.

I have to wonder about that blank brick wall on the back of the midrise building. It looks like there are windows to the right of that, in the light well. I have no idea what the floorplan looks like in that part of the building, but I would think it would be more atractive, inside and out, to locate the windows on the more exposed portion of the building.

I'm liking the black screen connecting the two buildings. Nice reference to the similar pattern to come in the roof.

Those are actually dark green. I keep referencing them when talking about TPGs inability to come up with a good parking garage design at 111 Fountain. Though I wouldn't want to see a structure covered in those panels, it shows that TPG has the know how to screen a garage, so they should translate that to 111 Fountain.

I have to wonder about that blank brick wall on the back of the midrise building. It looks like there are windows to the right of that, in the light well.

I've wondered what the story is with that too.

Those are actually dark green. I keep referencing them when talking about TPGs inability to come up with a good parking garage design at 111 Fountain. Though I wouldn't want to see a structure covered in those panels, it shows that TPG has the know how to screen a garage, so they should translate that to 111 Fountain.

Oh, that's what you were talking about. I haven't seen this side of the building in several months, so when you mentioned Westin II as an example of a well-screened garage, I thought you were referring more generally to the overall design. :blush: I didn't realize the garage even extended into that part of the building.

Archived