IN PROGRESS: The Residences at The Westin

the 'grand openings' thread has been updated already with the CapCove project.

It also says that is was "recently converted to 96 condo units." I thought CapCove was to be apartments - maybe some of both??

everything i've seen about it has said they're mid-range condos and some apartments.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Projo photos from the top of the Westin. http://www.projo.com/slideshow/2007/0315_westin/

Does anyone have any idea what location that skyline photo is from that is listed as being near the Lincoln/N. Prov line on 146? I've driven up and down 146 and its exits and have yet to find a great place for photography...

Great fireworks shots of the Westin roof on that link as well. Thanks Frankie...

- Garris

Does anyone have any idea what location that skyline photo is from that is listed as being near the Lincoln/N. Prov line on 146? I've driven up and down 146 and its exits and have yet to find a great place for photography...

Great fireworks shots of the Westin roof on that link as well. Thanks Frankie...

- Garris

looks almost like they're on a platform and have a good zoom. i don't notice a decent view of the skyline until the mineral spring or branch ave exits, which are not near the lincoln/np line.

I was just watching the video I posted and it made me think of a thread in one of the main sections about what it takes to be a true 24 hr city.

And the cities mentioned were the biggies.. nyc, l.a, san fran, miami.

But I wonder if a smaller and dense city such as Providence could one day become a 24 hr city? Or does size really matter with this topic?

• 2 weeks later...

I think technically the landfill is higher now. Imagine that! I know you can see it from Colt State Park in Bristol on a clear day...

I noticed that too. Last time I looked the landfill had kind of a salmon pink color. Does anyone know why this is?

I noticed that too. Last time I looked the landfill had kind of a salmon pink color. Does anyone know why this is?

It's capped daily by clay which prevents rainwater from seeping in. They go over that later with topsoil and grass.

I think technically the landfill is higher now.

Really? That's kind of ... disgusting. Highest point in the state, our landfill. :sick:

I know you can see it from Colt State Park in Bristol on a clear day...

Easily, yes. I was there last weekend. From that vantage point, it's one of the 3 most prominent features in the state, the other two being the Providence skyline and the Aldrich estate (which is effing huuuuge).

Drove by yesterday. The street level windows are being installed now.....

They were pouring the slab on the floor of the ground level retail spot on the corner when we were there (well not quite pouring, they were assembling the rebar).

Flemings will be at the back of the building, the corner of Francis and Memorial. The corner of Francis and Exchange still does not have a lease. The cigar bar will be along the driveway side.

Archived