Carolina Panthers

We are going to have to rely on the pass rush remaining as good as it was at the end of the season. Hopefully this week off has given Cam time to get his mind right. He looked way off in week 16 and 17 and SF's pass rush was relentless tonight. As always, he is the key and hopefully he is able to step up in a big way.

Our line got good pressure against Kap the first time around. Hopefully they do again. With Davis and Crabtree back, he has more weapons than he did in game 1 (although Davis did play in the game for a short time before leaving with injury). Need to get pressure in his face to minimize their impact.

Our offense also can't be as inept as it was in game one. Offense is a huge concern for me right now though. We have struggled the last few weeks. Hopefully get Smith back will give us a boost.

• Like 1

I am hoping for the best but I believe the defense will do its job. It's really Cam's time to shine. He has an interesting perception by the public outside of Charlotte. He is knocking at the door of superstardom and winning this game is obviously the next step. He has NOT played well in week 16 and 17, let's hope he steps it up on the big stage. 

He is perceived pretty good now after we were 12-4. At the beginning of the season the story was completely different. But people have slowly changed their opinions.

On the other hand, Kuechly's poops roses and fresh baked bread!

A couple of my buddies up here think Steve Smith is a dirty player and a criminal and it greatly saddens me.

On another note, I just landed and I'm ready to party!!!! GO PANTHERS!!!

He is perceived pretty good now after we were 12-4. At the beginning of the season the story was completely different. But people have slowly changed their opinions.

On the other hand, Kuechly's poops roses and fresh baked bread!

A couple of my buddies up here think Steve Smith is a dirty player and a criminal and it greatly saddens me.

On another note, I just landed and I'm ready to party!!!! GO PANTHERS!!!

Smith is not dirty...he just has to teach others the rules and regulations of the game

Agreed with Jayvee on Cam...he has done a lot of growing up...knocking on the door being a great QB...but has to maintain consistency & not get to mental when things do not go his way. That is the general perception...the 12-4 record really goes more to the solid defense.

At only age 22...the torch has already been passed to Luke Kuechly as the NFL's Best Inside Linebacker! Very impressive! & the D-Line is strong too!

A lot of respect for the fire & energy Steve Smith brings to the team! Sorry his knee is still bothering him...

2nd year player...DE-Frank Alexander is a nice dude I got to meet in person(from my hometown BR LA)...I am friends with his Uncle.

Best of luck  in the playoffs vs the 49ers...should be a war tomorrow!

What's up with the death threats to the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair??

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/news/63871/47534218/Ric-Flair-Receives-Death-Threats-From-Panther-Fans

BTW...Beautiful shots of the Charlotte Skyline during the game telecast during the season :shades:

Good to see Charlotte got the name Hornets back...only wish New Orleans had the old name Jazz again...but the mayor of Salt Lake City was not going to give it up.

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

I'm curious, what is your opinion on how he is perceived outside of Charlotte and also here in Charlotte?

Having friends and family scattered throughout the country I get a lot of opinions on cam. Most seem to be what I stated, he's hot headed but growing up and knocking at the door of elite. In Charlotte, hes the first marketable guy in a LONG time so opinion is generally more favorable. 

You know what though? Going from 7-9 to 12-4 is a great season.  Let's secure the Kraken, strengthen the secondary, and then land a star WR and this team should be set to make another run at the championship.  It's going to be tough goings if we lose any of our crit players, but otherwise I think this team still has potential to be the first team to win the NFC South two seasons in a row since its inception.  I really hope somebody on the staff has the cojones to trade Stewart to help us get there.

Just as I said, Cam just was not ready. But they have a very promising future and they NEED to draft a WR with that first round pick (or get one from free agency), it is by far their biggest need.

Not sure how you can put that loss on Cam.  He put together a number of great drives that stalled at the 1 yard line, I question the playcalling in the redzone.  Our pressing need is a viable WR 1 as you said, but I'd also argue general improvement on the OL.  I'm looking at you Byron Bell...

Hopefully come draft time, we take the best player available in either of those positions.  Tough loss yesterday, it was a rough day.  Already looking forward to next season though.  Go Panthers!

Not sure how you can put that loss on Cam.  He put together a number of great drives that stalled at the 1 yard line, I question the playcalling in the redzone.  Our pressing need is a viable WR 1 as you said, but I'd also argue general improvement on the OL.  I'm looking at you Byron Bell...

Hopefully come draft time, we take the best player available in either of those positions.  Tough loss yesterday, it was a rough day.  Already looking forward to next season though.  Go Panthers!

Well having the only 2 turnovers doesn't help. yes the play calling in the red zone was AWFUL as well. I would be happen with a good OL pick but we NEED a receiver. 

Here's my early nominee for a potential late round gem:  

Jeremy Gallon, WR, 5-8, 185, Michigan

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89576&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

At the beginning of the Michigan/Notre Dame game, I told my Brother-in-Law to watch out for mini-Steve-Smith aka Jeremy Gallon, then Gallon had 8 catches for 184 yards and 3 touchdowns.  He's not as good as Smitty, but like Smitty, he plays much bigger than his size and he's tough as nails.

Edited by RugbyPike#11

They absolutely do not need another short receiver. Especially one thats 5-8. They need someone in the 6-3 range as thats not only where the NFL trend is going, that is their biggest weakness right now. Generally, if they get behind there is no coming back, no one to make that explosive over the top catch. They need a big man, not another Steve Smith. 

I don't know if they need another short receiver. WR1s are trending toward big guys like the kid from Florida State, who they might be able to get with their 1st round pick,

They absolutely do not need another short receiver. Especially one thats 5-8. They need someone in the 6-3 range as thats not only where the NFL trend is going, that is their biggest weakness right now. Generally, if they get behind there is no coming back, no one to make that explosive over the top catch. They need a big man, not another Steve Smith. 

I am 100% on board with drafting Benjamin.  That dude is a stud and right now is projected right around 30th.  We need a big WR that can go across the middle and be a possession guy.  A la Moose back in the early 2000's.