Carolina Panthers

5 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Kony Ealy & a 3rd rounder to the Pats in exchange for a 2nd rounder. What the hell is DG doing????

I hate giving the Pats anything, but here is some perspective: http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-trade-kony-ealy-to-patriots/ . Despite that SB50 performance, he was making a ton of mistakes. Never built off it. 

Also, the Panthers already had two 3rd rounders. Now they have a 1-1st, 2-2nds, 1-3rd. They'll take at least one DL there. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, elrodvt said:

Do the Panthers still use the large field next door (to the north)? I was walking around there today and I could see that being some prime residential development land soon.

Pretty sure those are their practice fields along south Cedar Street. Once a scout many years from another team was spying on them through the fence so they put up the tarps so people can't watch their game so closely. 

• Like 1

Panthers schedule for 2017 is out. Highlights: @ 49ers to open the season. Thursday night game at home against the Eagles and MNF game at home against the Dolphins. 3 of last 4 are at home. Lots of 1pm games ... which is good. They do better when the spotlight isn't on them out of the gate.

http://www.panthers.com/schedule/schedule.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

Carolina drafted Christian McCaffery. I didn't know too much about him, but after looking at some of his college stats and listening to analysts gush about him for awhile, I feel he will be a solid addition to the Panthers.   

With all the FA pickups and now McCaffery, I am as giddy as a kid on Christmas for this upcoming  football season.

Absolutely love the McCaffery pick. He'll add so much versatility to the Panthers offense. He can run between the tackles, play the slot and return punts. Gives a guy that Cam can dump the ball out into the flat to as well.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2017 at 8:32 PM, HopHead said:

Absolutely love the McCaffery pick. He'll add so much versatility to the Panthers offense. He can run between the tackles, play the slot and return punts. Gives a guy that Cam can dump the ball out into the flat to as well.

As a lifelong Saints fan....Congrats on Excellent pick! Coach Sean Peyton was really high on him.  McCaffrey is already the talk at Panthers rookie mini-camp after just one practice. Makes the rest of the players look like they're in Slow motion! Very versatile...Swiss Army Knife...Worth the price of admission!

Ben Boulware a nice UDFA pick up too...he will play w a Chip on his shoulders; even moreso since not being drafted.

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 2