Carolina Panthers

Hey guys,  my PC crashed the same morning Panthers.com released the FanFest tickets so I am reaching out to see if anyone out there has two extras for me and the spouse?

I think they made a HUGE mistake letting people pint 6 tickets per order/household but I'm hoping someone on here either as two extra, or perhaps printed out tickets and simply can't attend.

Thanks in advance

btw...I spoke to Panther's ticket office to see what my options are but strict rules dictate they are not allowing anyone in the stadium for FanFest without a ticket....BOOOO! 

• 2 weeks later...

Seven... yes, Seven practices in, the Panthers have already set an attendance record for training camp at 79, 804. The attendance at camps has been steadily going up each year recently, but wow this is impressive. Also, 60,000 people (a sellout because some sections of BofA aren't used because of fireworks) are expected at Fan Fest tomorrow night. Amazing what winning has done.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-break-camp-attendance-record/d49e6194-0b58-4c7a-9421-a4c2f5c29462

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lewy2000 said:

Hey @caterpillar2 and @cltbwimob got any preseason predictions for the Panthers and their mediocre quarterback? :tw_glasses:

Obviously you are one of the people that do not appreciate any views that differ from yours so I will ignore your attempt to draw me into ridicule the Cam girl's fan club. But, I believe he was the luckiest player in the league. Happy? 

Edited by caterpillar2

11 hours ago, lewy2000 said:

Hey @caterpillar2 and @cltbwimob got any preseason predictions for the Panthers and their mediocre quarterback? :tw_glasses:

Hey @lewy2000 welcome to the party and good for you to cherry pick that post of mine without realizing that my views on Cam Newton had evolved over the season.  Perhaps you forgot that little tidbit so I will refresh your memory by providing you with the below quotes.  And for your own knowledge I was at the playoff game against Seattle screaming MVP too.  I definitely found a lot of respect for Cam last year as the year progressed

As my mother used to say "Son...There are two things you need to do to get through this life...Look both ways before crossing the street and consider all the relevant information before deciding to pipe up" That statement rings especially true if you are goading someone. :tw_glasses:  

Edit-My mother didn't really say that.

On December 13, 2015 at 7:23 PM, cltbwimob said:

I officially retract the above statement.  When I made the statement, it was early in the season, and I saw some of the mistakes that I noticed in the past.  Clearly the Cam we see today looks every bit as good as any other elite QB in the league.  His former accuracy issues at this point are pretty much non existent, and because he has a howitzer of an arm it's very hard for a defense to pick him even if they do get a good read on him.  

I believe that RDF hit the nail on the head when he said that losing Kelvin Benjamin may have been the best thing to ever happen to him for his growth as a QB in the sense that it caused him to not be overly reliant on one individual.  Now he has targets all over the field, and when he does get his star receiver back, I believe his passing stats will go ballistic.

On December 20, 2015 at 9:28 PM, cltbwimob said:

Good points, especially about not resting starters.  To paraphrase Jim Rome, teams that play to not lose end up losing, and teams that play to keep from getting injured get injured.  That said, I hope they do at least give second string some snaps if we build comfortable leads in the last two games.  Of course as we saw today comfortable leads don't necessarily equate to assured wins.

As for Cam, he's killing it right now.  Today he had 340 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, and 5 TDs (a first in the NFL).  But what was most impressive was the stoicism he displayed after the NYG tied the game in the 4th.  In years past he would have been sulking after blowing a lead like that, but today that fierce look of determination and that simple nod said it all.  Hell, it calmed me down.  The dude is ice cold under pressure; he acts more like a battlefield commander than a QB in do or die situations. I haven't always been a huge Cam fan, but ever since Seattle he's turned me into a believer.

#CaMVP

Edited by cltbwimob
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lewy2000 said:

Not sure why it's become so difficult for people to admit that they were wrong instead of using creative language to mask their ignorance about a players abilities. No matter how good/great a teams defense, the NFL requires an equivalent good/great QB to make the playoffs 3-4 years in a row. Cam is anything but mediocre or lucky.  Cocky, a bit arrogant and an extremely sore loser, yes!

My prediction is 9-7 or 10-6...the defensive secondary is young and extremely vulnerable, they will get burnt quite often and be out of position frequently as evident last night.  In addition, the running game will be average. 

Edited by Durhamite

1 hour ago, Durhamite said:

Not sure why it's become so difficult for people to admit that they were wrong instead of using creative language to mask their ignorance about a players abilities. No matter how good/great a teams defense, the NFL requires an equivalent good/great QB to make the playoffs 3-4 years in a row. Cam is anything but mediocre or lucky.  Cocky, a bit arrogant and an extremely sore loser, yes!

My prediction is 9-7 or 10-6...the defensive secondary is young and extremely vulnerable, they will get burnt quite often and be out of position frequently as evident last night.  In addition, the running game will be average. 

Speaking for myself. I don't give a rat's ass. Too bad to see that Newton has caused the loss of the two last Panther's games. The first during the Super bowl when he didn't bend over and pick up the fumbles ball and last night when he was on the field and caused the loss of a perfect 95 yard run. Last you will her from me. I hope we win, but I believe that Webb and Anderson are just as good as Newton. 

20 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

Speaking for myself. I don't give a rat's ass. Too bad to see that Newton has caused the loss of the two last Panther's games. The first during the Super bowl when he didn't bend over and pick up the fumbles ball and last night when he was on the field and caused the loss of a perfect 95 yard run. Last you will her from me. I hope we win, but I believe that Webb and Anderson are just as good as Newton. 

To be fair, the refs caused that fumble by incorrectly ruling Jerricho Cotchery's clear catch an incompletion. The refs cost Carolina the entire game as we just looked deflated after that.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

To be fair, the refs caused that fumble by incorrectly ruling Jerricho Cotchery's clear catch an incompletion. The refs cost Carolina the entire game as we just looked deflated after that.

I'll buy that, but he did manage to shock millions with his failure to recover. But like the coach says, "this year is a whole new start and game."  We'll see and hope that we repeat last year (except for the last game.) I suppose that part of my negativity is the way Newton acted so stupid and childish during his post game interview. I know that lots of people are very defensive of Newton and I don't really want to stir them up. This is just my own opinion and I thought I would just mention it. The team was great last year (everyone.) 

1 hour ago, caterpillar2 said:

It was a FRICKING preseason game last night. Cam didn't cost them anything. Webb and Anderson aren't even in the same stratosphere as Newton. Not even close. Panthers were a 10-6 team with a divisional playoff exit last season without Cam. And dear god he did not cost them the Super Bowl. While it wasn't his best game, he wasn't playing offensive line either. Joe Montana couldn't have survived that.

48 minutes ago, HopHead said:

It was a FRICKING preseason game last night. Cam didn't cost them anything. Webb and Anderson aren't even in the same stratosphere as Newton. Not even close. Panthers were a 10-6 team with a divisional playoff exit last season without Cam. And dear god he did not cost them the Super Bowl. While it wasn't his best game, he wasn't playing offensive line either. Joe Montana couldn't have survived that.

I'm sorry but you misread me. I simply gave an opinion. I believe I said earlier, "I don't give a rat's ass."  I suggest that you relax, put your number #1 shirt on, have a drink and don't worry about what I said. Being third best (in my opinion) isn't like not being totally out of it. Who is this Montana dude? Have a nice evening. It's almost 5:00.

41 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

I'm sorry but you misread me. I simply gave an opinion. I believe I said earlier, "I don't give a rat's ass."  I suggest that you relax, put your number #1 shirt on, have a drink and don't worry about what I said. Being third best (in my opinion) isn't like not being totally out of it. Who is this Montana dude? Have a nice evening. It's almost 5:00.

If I have to explain to you who Joe Montana is, then it's not even worth having a football discussion with you. 

1 hour ago, HopHead said:

If I have to explain to you who Joe Montana is, then it's not even worth having a football discussion with you. 

I don't care about football, just like Charlotte and like to see us in the spotlight. Wasn't it embarrassing when Newton was such a moron at the interview?  Sheeeeze! Oh well, history is history. Just kidding about Joe Montana, I do know who he is. Have a great weekend. 

2 hours ago, JBS said:

Just my opinion but this was a d*ck move...and I love Cam and the Panthers.

Hey, I was just giving them a chance to own up to their ridiculous hot takes so we could have closure before the 2016 season. Looks like they dodged the challenge, however. *shrug*

Moving on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caterpillar2 said:

I don't care about football, just like Charlotte and like to see us in the spotlight. Wasn't it embarrassing when Newton was such a moron at the interview?  Sheeeeze! Oh well, history is history. Just kidding about Joe Montana, I do know who he is. Have a great weekend. 

If you don't care about, don't comment on it, it exposes a high level of ignorance.  Embarrassing?  Not really, Cam isn't "PC" all the time....what a relief, I finally got to use the PC term that is so freely floating around these days. If anything Cam is the antithesis of the sterile Charlotte perception, the city needs a good infusion of grit, character and edge.  Even it's a football character. Being in the spotlight doesn't mean being cute and likable all the time. If the owner, coach and teammates ain't got a problem with Cam, no one else should have one, especially a fair weather jack ass so-called fan. He's giving the Carolinas and Charlotte free exposure and visibility like never before.  People hate, literally hate Duke basketball and coach K.  A bunch of snobby rich set of assholes that always get the calls....but they can't wait to watch Duke.  And I guarantee Coach K could careless what you think about him or Duke. Cam warrants that similar draw, getting prime time games, etc. damn I'm glad we made that draft pick.

Edited by Durhamite

1 hour ago, lewy2000 said:

Hey, I was just giving them a chance to own up to their ridiculous hot takes so we could have closure before the 2016 season. Looks like they dodged the challenge, however. *shrug*

Moving on...

Are you kidding?  I don't know how much more I could own up...and I freely admitted that I was wrong last year as well.  Perhaps the problem is that you lack the ability to read.  

BTW...12-4 and they go to the NFC championship but not the Super Bowl is my prediction.

Your real point in that previous post was just to be an @$$hole.  Congratulations-you succeeded.

Edited by cltbwimob

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

I'm going to come on strong here:

Derek Anderson is nothing more than a serviceable back-up.  Anyone who believes otherwise has a couple short circuits.  He had one good season in Cleveland 8 years ago, then signed a big contract in Arizona and subsequently was BENCHED after 4 games in favor of NFL SUPERSTARS Max Hall and John Skelton, both rookies that season.  FYI, neither of those guys even have a job in the NFL.  He couldn't hold the starting position over two nobodies.

Apparently @caterpillar2 knows something that Dave Gettleman and Ron Rivera aren't aware of.  (seriously, what do those guys know anyways?)  We could have just saved those millions of dollars on Cam and started DA!

The reality of Derek Anderson is he'll always be popular among a "certain" subset of our fan base because he's a "blah blah blah traditional qb, blah blah blah true leader, blah blah blah".  Everyone seems to forget the guy also was heavily criticized in Arizona for laughing on the bench with teammates during a game they were losing and also flipping out on reporters.  The thing about being in support of a backup qb is that it's easy because it's very unlikely you can be proven wrong (because the guy will never play more than a game).  FWIW, I love DA, he's an awesome back-up qb to have, but nothing more.

@caterpillar2 I'll say this.  you're allowed to have an opinion about Cam.  You're allowed to believe that he's "lucky" and it'd be the same with Joe Webb or Derek Anderson in the pocket.  But I'm allowed to tell you your opinion is dumb and it's clear you know nothing about football if you believe your opinion.

I told you last year your opinion was insane and the guy went out and dominated the NFL, won the MVP award, went 15-1 while leading the highest scoring offense in the NFL and took us to a Superbowl.  Oh, and was rated the #1 player in the NFL by the players.  (but what do they know, i'm sure it was all just luck like you say)

And you still want to sit here and tell us he's the same as Joe Webb.  Honestly, it's comical to me that you can even type that garbage and post it.

PREDICTION:

Panthers go 16-0.  Win Superbowl 51 for Sam Mills and Jerry Richardson.  Cam is the MVP (again).  @caterpillar2 reveals he is actually Randy Quaid from Major League.

You may have me wrong. I believe that the Panthers will do very well this year and I certainly hope so. I just don't care for  Newton. He has already screwed up by messing up the 95 yard touchdown on Thursday night.  It cost us the game although it was just a pre-season.  I am sure that I like and dislike lots of people that others don't like or dislike. I support Trump and can't stand Hillary. What can I say?  We all have opinions.  I feel secure in knowing that if Newton's luck runs dry, he has Anderson and Webb as backups. 

20 minutes ago, grodney said:

@ah59396 , I love you.  And I think I'm allowed to have the opinion that anybody who states that a play in the first quarter (when the panthers scored five plays later!) cost them the (preseason!) game....is probably just a troll and isn't worthy of response. Ha ha ha ha.

Agreed. He spits out facts and speaks for us all. Though, I can continue to pile on as well but won't. It's only August. :tw_glasses: