CONSTRUCTION THREAD: RiverWalk

gman430

I'll be fair and withhold final judgment until the building is completed, but thus far, I'm a little underwhelmed with how this is turning out. The windows seem disproportionately small relative to the overall building.

Yea, the brick to glass ratio doesn't seem quite like it did in the renderings. Also, the spire on top seems kinda thin. It's easy to miss, IMO.

Nonetheless, the new artist studios, the small amount of office space, and the new apartments are definitely a welcomed addition to the West End! :thumbsup: Now, we just need more apartments...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume the artist studios are still part of the plan. They have built out most of the retail into what appears to be 500 SF bays. Pretty hard to rent those out to any other retail user. The large retail space is still available and I don't know if they have a tenant or not. The question I have is how in the heck is he going to park this thing? There appears to be about 60 surface spaces for 44 apartment units (mostly 3 beds) and a significant amount of office space.

I would assume the artist studios are still part of the plan. They have built out most of the retail into what appears to be 500 SF bays. Pretty hard to rent those out to any other retail user. The large retail space is still available and I don't know if they have a tenant or not. The question I have is how in the heck is he going to park this thing? There appears to be about 60 surface spaces for 44 apartment units (mostly 3 beds) and a significant amount of office space.

I assume they'll be using the Riverplace garage. Those parking spaces are eventually meant to be developed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw people moving into Riverwalk this weekend and the parking lot was full.

I saw some units lit up with people occupying them over the weekend. I need to get out and walk around this development, but I want to do this once they get the powerlines buried and the streetscaping in place. The retail spaces facing Camperdown look good. They have lease signs up in the windows. I wonder if these spaces will be regular retail, with the artist studios only running down the side of the building?

Has anyone else noticed the light projections they've been testing on the top of the Riverwalk building for the last several evenings? Deep colors, patterns, sometimes pulsating and sometimes (right now) solid but changing colors in a rolling sequence, projected on that vertical wall above the roofline. Very different from the slowly changing individual uplights on the Riverplace building -- looks like it'll be striking once they finalize it. Just curious if anyone knows what's up and/or if it'll be a permanent feature.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Adec Group, Vidaloo, and the Parker Company have all made their way to the ground floor of this building. Originally these spaces were going to be for artist studios but Hughes decided in the end to go with start up companies like you see at Next.

I have to say I have been very impressed with the crowds at Rick's Deli & Market also.

Wonderful...another corporate, safe, bland restaurant for downtown Greenville.

I'm curious whether you've been to Rick's Market and Deli now that it's open, and if you still feel this way. Not sure why folks have to knock something before it's even opened. I've been in a few times now and loved it. Really like the atmosphere and the food (both taste and selection). Certainly more hip and current than Two Chefs, and I love having another grab and go option for late in the day. The chef is a one-star Michelin chef from France, and they're making everything in-house -- including the French Macaroons, which are out this world, and something I never dreamed I could get fresh in Greenville, SC.

• 2 years later...

Archived