SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

That's a very insightful analysis- makes sense.

Suprised that Brooks Bros. hasn't opened at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC yet, especially since Harold's down the road in Greenville closed, leaving pretty much no higher-end preppy men's clothing store in town, other than Rush Wilson. If Knoxville has a Brooks Bros., Greenville should be able to support one.

Yeah the cities and malls were pretty similar. Overall, Haywood was a little bit newer looking, especially on the outside. They had stores that Greenville doesn't have yet (Brooks Brothers, Sephora) and West Town had the same stores as Haywood except some of the ones at West Town weren't open yet. The anchors at Haywood are a lot better because there's just one Belk instead of two, and Belk @ Haywood looks a lot nicer than Belk Women's at West Town.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a question or two.....TacoMac looks like it is getting ready to open, anyone know the official date?

Also, noticed the rezoning sign at the former SeaLand HQ building. The rezoning notice has a max height of 180', how many floors will that be? The initial drawing of the project looks to be an extension of Piedmont Town Center with a center street, offices, shops, apartments and maybe a hotel. Not sure when it will get built but, it will be a much better use of that property.

This is a really sharp looking rezoning. It's scary how quickly parts of Southpark are urbanizing. It looks like retail/restaurant is limited to 15,000 sq ft. Doesnt look like there will be a whole lot of exciting street level activity with that tiny amount.

This is a really sharp looking rezoning. It's scary how quickly parts of Southpark are urbanizing. It looks like retail/restaurant is limited to 15,000 sq ft. Doesnt look like there will be a whole lot of exciting street level activity with that tiny amount.

can u link me to the rezoning, a heard a rumor from a friend that Trader Joes was being persued for a South Park Location... 15k sq feet would be the right size for that...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody think it Armani Exchange will ever open in Charlotte? That is the one major brand Charlotte does not have that it should. They are in cities much smaller than Charlotte is surprises me they are not here.

Honestly, Armani Exchange is a TERRIBLE match for the Charlotte market, and thats why its not here.

Honestly, Armani Exchange is a TERRIBLE match for the Charlotte market, and thats why its not here.

I disagree. I think it's long overdue for A/X to enter our market! If ATL can support 2 locations and Kansas City has one then we can definitely support one. ESP. With all the transplants that live here!

Agreed. An A/X would be sweet. My gf spoke to an H&M employee at Crabtree when we were in Raleigh last week and they said that they are looking at expanding into Charlotte soon.

I disagree. I think it's long overdue for A/X to enter our market! If ATL can support 2 locations and Kansas City has one then we can definitely support one. ESP. With all the transplants that live here!

Yes, I use to shop at A/X when I was in my early twenties since they cater mostly to the college age crowd, but I think theory would make a nice fit for Charlotte. The nice thing about theory is that you can mix and match thier clothes with other designers and there really isn't a certain age demographic to shop at theory.

H&M, IMO doesn't belong in a mall like SouthPark. Atlanta has two that I know of. One is two levels and the other is on one level and caters mostly to women while the two level store caters to both men and women, but these locations are in regular suburban malls and it seems H&M just wouldn't be appropriate for a luxury mall like SouthPark.

Has the snubbed nose so quickly already turned to Express as well? I have express socks on at this very moment. I'm really getting tired of the elitist attitude where people express their opinions about being too good for certain stores. I'm surprised that there haven't been people at the mall protesting sketchers or aeropostale yet.

But then again, an opinion is just an opinion. :scared:

Edited by aussie luke

Express has really derivative designs at inflated prices and, as I rapidly approach middle age, doesn't have anything to fit me beyond socks and belts. Plus, there never seems to be anybody in there, which is amplified by the massive space they have. If it was A{sodEmoji.|}X or rue21, I'd still say the same thing.

Has the snubbed nose so quickly already turned to Express as well? I have express socks on at this very moment. I'm really getting tired of the elitist attitude where people express their opinions about being too good for certain stores. I'm surprised that there haven't been people at the mall protesting sketchers or aeropostale yet.

But then again, an opinion is just an opinion. :scared:

I feel exactly the way Steven does. I am in my 40's and there just isn't anything there for me to wear. If I were in my 20's I most likely would. As Steven pointed out the same goes with other stores that service the younger demographic. It's terrible getting old lol.:cry: