SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Southpark is getting Rockport shoes. I am very disappointed in many of these new stores coming to Southpark. I guess the economy is taking a toll on this mall forcing them to take lower end stores just to fill space. Why can't Charlotte get an Armani Exchange?

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Southpark is getting Rockport shoes. I am very disappointed in many of these new stores coming to Southpark. I guess the economy is taking a toll on this mall forcing them to take lower end stores just to fill space. Why can't Charlotte get an Armani Exchange?

The mall seems to be doing great, even the upscale stores. Not sure why stores like that are coming. They could at least get some upper middle class stores like A/X and Hugo Boss.

I think there used to be 2 different bath & body works....does anyone remember that?

There was the location that's currently Bath & Body Works, then there was another on the other side of the food court next to Speedo and Britches Great Outdoors. The latter store was the original, and the second store overlapped with the first for only a short while, sometime around 2001 or 2002.

The Ruby Tuesday across the street next to Harris Teeter has closed.

I really don't know how that happened - it always seemed busy when I was in there. I guess it did have to be one of the priciest Ruby Tuesday locations out there as far as the lease goes. I do like Ruby Tuesday, though, as far as chains go.

Mecklenburg county has already begun the process of trying to turn this location into an ABC store, though. This caused a bit of an uproar a few weeks ago after they applied when the restaurant closed.

Edit: 500th post!!!

Edited by ScottCLT

• 4 weeks later...

Just went into the new GNC store a few days ago.....It is by far the most beautiful GNC I've ever seen lol.......There is an extra space however between GNC and Water Water everywhere. On a side note, Yoforia Yogurt has opened as well as 7 mankind and a new store "Pandora" is opening where Christian Bernard used to be.

Just went into the new GNC store a few days ago.....It is by far the most beautiful GNC I've ever seen lol.......There is an extra space however between GNC and Water Water everywhere. On a side note, Yoforia Yogurt has opened as well as 7 mankind and a new store "Pandora" is opening where Christian Bernard used to be.

So I am guessing that they didn't take the whole space for GNC? Where is 7 for all Mankind? The only place that I think they would go in is Bob Ellis or Intermix.