Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

First one to open will be The Hyppo which will be the first gourmet popsicle shop in Orlando. They have a store in St. Augustine currently and as you can see, people love it. It really is an amazing product so very exciting to have it locally. This is going in the old Slate modeling space.

http://www.urbanspoo...po-St-Augustine

WOB is going to be the next to open. They are going to have the patio on the side where the current brick roundabout is. That road will be torn up and some of it claimed along with the grass right there to make the patio.

The last tenant going into the old Eola Wine space is some sort of salad and wrap type concept. Don't know too much right now because they won't be open till next year.

I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

The wrap/salad place going in over there is going to be Eden's Fresh () third location and should be open before the end of the year. They have a spot right across from the Plaza building that I go to all the time :)

I had a meeting with the downtown development board and they said that Eight Ninety Nine Apartments will break ground before the end of the year. They also stated that it is looking like we will have two buildings breaking ground next spring in the Creative Village.

I had a meeting with the downtown development board and they said that Eight Ninety Nine Apartments will break ground before the end of the year. They also stated that it is looking like we will have two buildings breaking ground next spring in the Creative Village.

Where are these apartments going? South Eola by any chance?

Does anyone know if there is any activity in in the South Eola area. Specifically the land surrounding the Star Tower. Seems like a perfect place for apartments. I know there were some planned at one time, but not sure if anything is going on now.

A fence is up around the 899 lot. Bad news for people in the area who have apartement dogs that need to be walked and...well...you know...

• Like 1

Don't mind the Slantinel - they've been pandering of late to the geezers up in The Villages who still pay for dead-tree papers (it became more noticeable of the editorial page's slant moving to the right about 2 years ago and we often notice more political news some days about Lake County than about Orange). We now call it the Leesburg Sentinel.

In any event, they've lost so much of their journalism staff since Tribune Co. tanked that it's a mere shell of its former self anyway. Florida, which once had a number of great newspapers (including the Sentinel), now has only the Tampa Bay Times as the state's newspaper of record. Special kudos to the Florida Times-Union, though, for doing really great work on downtown and development stories.

Oh, architectural renderings... where people pour out of a building to leisurely cross Colonial and Orange as cars wait patiently.

Jokes aside, I'm actually realy excited about this and the other projects creating and Uptown-soon-to-be-midtown boom. If we can gets Ustler's 800 N Orange Ave and his hotel that would replace Mama B's going, we'll have a pretty dense vein running through the heart of Orlando.