The Good News Report

atlrvr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

I like the name "Metrolina" and wish it was still used.

Yes the old Metrolina Fairgrounds is now a warehouse park off Statesville Rd built by Beacon.

and I check the NC agriculture stats and yes Mecklenburg is #1  in crop receipts i.e. plants like these at Metrolina Greenhouses.  Meck is not in the top 10 of NC counties where all farm receipts are considered which includes poultry, cattle, hogs etc.  But you can tell people Mecklenburg is #1 in crop receipts in the state and #1 in banking how's that for contrast?  Neighboring Union County is #3 highest total agricultural county in the state yes Union with his posh suburbs of Marvin, Weddington, Wesley Chapel, Waxhaw etc. 

Page 18 of this 2022 Ag census:

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/North_Carolina/Publications/Annual_Statistical_Bulletin/AgStat/NCAgStatBook.pdf

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

I like the name "Metrolina" and wish it was still used as commonly as Piedmont Triad and Triangle.

Yes, the Metrolina term is still around, you just need to know where to look.

- I grew up being familiar with Metrolina Christian Academy, a K-12 under First Baptist Church of Indian Trail.

- There's a Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy in The Exchange at Tyvola & I-77.

- There's numerous medical offices and other business that use the Metrolina name.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the Metrolina term is still around, you just need to know where to look.
  - I grew up being familiar with Metrolina Christian Academy, a K-12 under First Baptist Church of Indian Trail.
  - There's a Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy in The Exchange at Tyvola & I-77.
  - There's numerous medical offices and other business that use the Metrolina name.

Metrolina Regional TMC. NCDOT

And also?

4bd00560302759b43199d0c83388d79b.jpg

So I’m guessing it’s not so dead?
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

this needs to happen in Charlotte the NFL draft and seems like the NFL was sniffing around earlier this month.   

https://charlotte.axios.com/330063/nfl-leaders-visit-charlotte-for-nfl-draft-pitch/

That is exciting; however, when I read they showcased First Ward Park, my first thought was Levine's deck. Would hate to see an incomplete deck on national TV that has been sitting there for... like 6 or 7 years at that point?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, J-Rob said:

That is exciting; however, when I read they showcased First Ward Park, my first thought was Levine's deck. Would hate to see an incomplete deck on national TV that has been sitting there for... like 6 or 7 years at that point?

First Ward Park would be horrible.  I really hope they re-think that idea.  Not only is First Ward ugly, cold, and uninviting, but it might also be as far away as you can get from bars and restaurants as possible in Uptown.  

• Like 2