The Good News Report

atlrvr

37 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I know I always have to ask my Greek friends when it is.  Καλή Κυριακή των Βαΐων

Thank you! Yes I’m Greek but our brothers and sisters also celebrate: Russian, Ukrainian, Lebanese, Bulgarian,  Romanian and Serbian Orthodox people too. 

• Like 2

Счастливого Вербного воскресенья!    Днем Вербна Неділя!    Srećni dlan u nedelju!    Весела Палма неделя! 

for some reason the Romanian translation does not look right but I think the rest are.   

There is a large Russian community in Charlotte as I know quite a few.  

• Like 3

The new 7-11 on Independence is awesome. They always have funky music jamming and the people inside are friendly. The food smells/looks good although I haven’t tried it yet. I like to grab a 18-pack on my way home in the mornings. I’d rather stop there than go to Walmart and walk a mile (after a 12-hour shift on my feet) to save a couple bucks. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, lit said:

The new 7-11 on Independence is awesome. They always have funky music jamming and the people inside are friendly. The food smells/looks good although I haven’t tried it yet. I like to grab a 18-pack on my way home in the mornings. I’d rather stop there than go to Walmart and walk a mile (after a 12-hour shift on my feet) to save a couple bucks. 

Its like I walk back into 1987 every time I go in a 7-11.

7-11 now owned by the Japanese is huge in Asia.   Last time I was in Hong Kong I would buy a quick sandwich there and use my transit card (the Octopus) to pay for it.  When my brother live in China their 7-11 sold 25-50 lb bags of rice too! 

I think QuikTrip has caused everyone in this market to up their game and it benefits all of us.   

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

7-11 now owned by the Japanese is huge in Asia.   Last time I was in Hong Kong I would buy a quick sandwich there and use my transit card (the Octopus) to pay for it.  When my brother live in China their 7-11 sold 25-50 lb bags of rice too! 

I think QuikTrip has caused everyone in this market to up their game and it benefits all of us.   

The 7-11 in Beijing was playing Christmas music when I was there precisely a year ago, talk about surreal.

• Haha 3

^ The problem with reopening without testing is that a chunk of the population will continue to stay home. If 30% (hell, even just 10%) of the pop in those states continues to stay home because they are worried very few of those reopened businesses will cover their costs. I don’t know many restaurants that are making tons of extra money in good times, let alone bad.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, kermit said:

^ The problem with reopening without testing is that a chunk of the population will continue to stay home. If 30% (hell even 10%) of the pop in those states continues to stay home because they are worried very few of those reopened businesses will cover their costs. I don’t know many restaurants that are making tons of extra money in good times.

True. Nobody's peaked yet also. Wounder what will happen in the future with these reopenings. 

GA:

image.thumb.png.11c3c8f93c5df2c29a29854913cd3687.png

SC:

image.thumb.png.6fa1ef8dba89a39fd3b8bf8800f3b9d6.png

TN:

image.thumb.png.63a8b86a5119516df2c9f8a1822fe6d8.png

NC:

image.thumb.png.288a2ac5902b64e47c1b446eefa72b99.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

States that are reopening at this point are saying their money is worth more than people's lives.

I mean, states have to start considering the impact of a large economic downturn. Looking at the Great Depression and Great Recession, more people died from those due to loss of insurance, suicide, etc then what are projected to currently die from COVID-19. It’s not money, it’s 30% of th population could face losing their homes, jobs, etc, 

• Like 3