***Picture of the Day***

Scott

Great pics guys. I really like those night shots Rested Traveler and Garris, just beautiful. I've seen that pic before Nate but I'll say it again nice pic. Also a nice pic as well Brian. :thumbsup:

Here's my contribution for the day. One of the buildings on Bathhouse Row, Hot Springs National Park. A somewhat odd national park in Hot Springs Arkansas.

img7951ss6xy.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics guys. I really like those night shots Rested Traveler and Garris, just beautiful. I've seen that pic before Nate but I'll say it again nice pic. Also a nice pic as well Brian. :thumbsup:

Here's my contribution for the day. One of the buildings on Bathhouse Row, Hot Springs National Park. A somewhat odd national park in Hot Springs Arkansas.

img7951ss6xy.jpg

Awesome. I love those bathhouses.

And yes, Hot Springs National Park is somewhat odd for what it is, but it was also America's FIRST National Park. it's a very beautiful place.

Awesome. I love those bathhouses.

And yes, Hot Springs National Park is somewhat odd for what it is, but it was also America's FIRST National Park. it's a very beautiful place.

Technically it's not the first National Park, Yellowstone is. But the land around Hot Springs was reserved around there years before Yellowstone was created. I believe it was the first time the government had ever set aside land like that. Of course Hot Springs National Park is also odd because it's rather small and urban compared to most. But of course back then people thought differently so only one hot springs was left in it's natural state while the rest were tapped and had bathhouses built on top of them.

Technically it's not the first National Park, Yellowstone is. But the land around Hot Springs was reserved around there years before Yellowstone was created. I believe it was the first time the government had ever set aside land like that. Of course Hot Springs National Park is also odd because it's rather small and urban compared to most. But of course back then people thought differently so only one hot springs was left in it's natural state while the rest were tapped and had bathhouses built on top of them.

I stand corrected! They advertise it as America's First National Park, so I always assumed it was.

I love Hot Springs. Ever since I started going there once a year, I haven't missed a beat. Regardless of what's going on, or the weather, I always make sure I can get up there. And it's also beneficial that I get to stay for free once a year. :D

Nice photos SBCmetro guy!

Here's mine for the day. But before I post, here's something you all may not know about me, Im a gardener :blush: Ive been working on my two rose vines for the past two years now, and my yellow one bloomed! Im still waiting for the red one :rolleyes: So here's the beauty!

DSC01321.jpg

Nice looking pic Brian. Did you take those pics when you were there last year?

I certainly did. :) I tried to get some interior shots, but they didn't turn out. I didn't want to use the flash in there because there's a dining area and there were a lot of business people eating lunch.

Nice photos SBCmetro guy!

Here's mine for the day. But before I post, here's something you all may not know about me, Im a gardener :blush: Ive been working on my two rose vines for the past two years now, and my yellow one bloomed! Im still waiting for the red one :rolleyes: So here's the beauty!

DSC01321.jpg

Thanks, TBurban.

Anyway, that's cool that you're a gardener. I wish I knew more about gardening... we've got flowers and roses that are dying because (1) we're never home and (2) we know nothing about gardening. But seriously, we're hardly ever home other than late at night, so it's hard to do anything with them even if we knew how. I was home a bit this weekend so I took the time to water my lawn, my rose bushes, and my flower beds, but that's all I know to do with plants.

By the way, cool photo! :D

^Very cool looking photo, Rod!

Here's one of my pictures for today, it was a very busy Sunday afternoon in Jackson Square:

IMG_2441.jpg

Beautiful shot NCB! Looked like the Magic Kingdom when I first glanced at it. Makes me wonder if Disney used this spot as inspiration.

Here are a couple from yesterday. The Exhibitors Building, in "Venetian Revival" style, built in 1925 when Grand Rapids was the fine furniture capital of the world. It now serves as an indoor mall and offices attached to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel complex. Every square inch seems to be covered in reliefs, cornices and mouldings:

148343137_0707c0212c_b.jpg

148341316_454818a4cb_b.jpg

148343138_51b0299e42_b.jpg

This looks beautiful... I'd love to visit it... what's it like inside?

Honestly I can't say. I've either been by at odd times when it was closed or just didn't have time to stop and look and take pictures. And of course I've opted so far to take pictures. But hopefully I'll check it out sometime. I don't make it over to Little Rock all the time but I would like to see what it's like. I did post some more pics of the exterior recently in the Photos forum.

Nice shot Nate. I was curious have you ever taken any shot from behind the church? I can see the buildings in the background and was curious what it looked like back there.

Yep, I sure have. Here is a shot of the back of the Cathedral from Orleans Street, just a few feet away from the house I grew up in. :D

IMG_2409.jpg

Beautiful shot NCB! Looked like the Magic Kingdom when I first glanced at it. Makes me wonder if Disney used this spot as inspiration.

Thanks, GRDadof3! I've never thought about Disney using the Saint Louis Cathedral as inspiration for Magic Kingdom, but you never know!