***Picture of the Day***

Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downtown Bristol, Tennessee-Virginia. (Elevation 1600 ft., population around 46,000, one of the cities which make up the Tri-Cities metro area, which has a metro population of around 450,000 - including Kingsport, Johnson City and surrounding suburbs/smaller cities).

Located on the northeast Tennessee / southwest Virginia state lines. overlooking downtown - taken from Virginia side of the city, looking south. Photos taken in mid May 2006.

100_0290.jpg

Close-ups of above photo.....

100_0291.jpg

100_0292.jpg

Leisure Park Towers - Bristol, VA (taken only a few feet away from the Tennessee-Virginia state line at the WCYB-NBC Channel 5 TV station).

100_0296.jpg

Many more of close-ups of buildings to follow later.

Edited by Tennesseestorm

Here's my contribution for today. It's one I took from my car a few days ago.

The Georgia Capitol and Other Atlanta Buildings

159617290_3665de2fcc_b.jpg

(L-R) The Capitol Dome, The Westin Peachtree, Georgia-Pacific's HQ, and 191 Peachtree

What do you guys think?

I love that shot of Houston, I really admire that city's "bigger then Texas" skyline. Hope you guys appreciated our Chevron and Pennzoil gifts (Chevron used to be the Gulf Oil corporation of Pittsburgh). Houston is one skyline I was always fascinated with!

Evergrey, yet another classic picture of what makes Pittsburgh so unique, Polish Hill is truly something that makes this region stand out as something special!

The shot wouldn't be half as cool without the powerlines. Powerlines give a sense of "urban enclosure".

I don't know, I think I could see some good shots in that area without the powerlines as well, but that's me. :lol: But it's still a nice pic, don't get me wrong. :D

The shot wouldn't be half as cool without the powerlines. Powerlines give a sense of "urban enclosure".

I love how you put that Evergrey, I too am frustrated with some fantastic shots of the skyline etc. around here being interrupted by powerlines. I have just come to accept them in the ways you described Evergrey as a NE, Industrial Mid-West urban fabric. :D

I can see where you guys are coming from. But I guess from my perspective my eye went directly to the nice architecture in the background. For me the powerlines were in the way because I thought the architecture and perspective were a nice focus. But that's just me. :D

Home. Clear Lake City, Houston, Texas.

My friend is a pilot and gave me a lift. Ellington Field is in the background with the skyline visible in the distance. The picture was taken above the Lyndon Johnson Space Center. The three white buildings in the upper left is the location of the giant pool that the astronauts use to train. The large buildings in the center are Clear Lake High School.

DSCN1708.jpg

Edited by Greens!

Nice shot. Just curious, what's that ad for? :D

I haven't posted too many of my Little Rock pics over here, with the exception of the Clinton Presidential Library. I've gotten some good comments from this one in some of the other forums I've posted this on.

img8291ss8fj.jpg