2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palin also said in an interview a while back that the "VP job is not productive" and the she doesnt even know what the VP actually does. Talk about a risky running mate. She could potentially be president if McCain peels over and she says she doesnt know what the VP actually does. So yes the republicans are desperate with their last ditch effort. It shows political panic. Also consider this. Palin's husband works for BP. BP is a big McCain contributor. Big oil will win again if McCain somehow manages to become president.

There is one thing that we do know now.

This is the first Presidential election since 1976, 32 years ago, where there was not a Clinton or Bush on the ticket. That's longer than some of you have been around. Two political dynasties are now over. Obama took down one, and the other self destructed. It's been going on far too long IMO.

McCain is patronizing women. Alot of women will be upset about that. They wanted Hillary, not just any woman. But this is a bizar pick for McCain and he is sure to lose quite a few votes from his conservative base.

But McCain kinda wanted to take the luster out of Obama's canidacy as him being THE ONE making history.

McCain just took away his biggest argument about Obama's experience. McCain has nothing else to run on LOL. McCain already has one foot in the grave and if something happens to him, She would be president. McCain is underestimating not only Obama but hes understimating women.

I've contended many times in these forums that people don't vote for the VP selection. The end result of the election is that it won't matter if Biden and Palin are on the ticket unless something scandalis turns up on one of them. Biden has been around long enough where if there was something, there would already be something out there. Palin, who knows? There are long term GOPers that say they don't know much about her.

About the only thing that I can see at this point is that McCain needs to stop staring at her ass while she speaks.

I've contended many times in these forums that people don't vote for the VP selection. The end result of the election is that it won't matter if Biden and Palin are on the ticket unless something scandalis turns up on one of them. Biden has been around long enough where if there was something, there would already be something out there. Palin, who knows? There are long term GOPers that say they don't know much about her.

About the only thing that I can see at this point is that McCain needs to stop staring at her ass while she speaks.

Some on here may want to actually try to educate themselves on her before the usual bashing by this overwhelmingly left leaning forum. The investigation she is under is a smokescreen by the left who were disatisfied with the firing. Even the democrats who are heading the investigation are admitting she is completely open and has turned over every record they have requested.

And yet Palin as Governor for two years already has more actual leadership experience than Obama. She has actually led a state and has a 90% approval rating. So the experience barbs aimed at Obama will rightfully continue.

Back in July I predicted and even suggested her on another forum and I even wrote to McCain.com suggesting her back in July. Guess I have more influence than I know.

Inarguably a brilliant choice and one more gust of wind as Obama's house of cards continues its tumble. You can only run on personna so long and then substance has to enter. Obama has almost nill in that area. Just listening to Obama's empty, pointless speech at last nights democratic convention was enough to continue his erosion as even his own party is beginning to see how empty his suit is. Most of his more intelligent suporters will hopefully wake up from their messiah trance and smell the coffee as they begin to re-enter the world of common sense.

Some on here may want to actually try to educate themselves on her before the usual bashing by this overwhelmingly left leaning forum.

And yet Palin as Governor for two years already has more actual leadership experience than Obama. She has actually led a state and has a 90% approval rating.

From what I saw last night, I retract some of my statements about Obama and his campaign. It made feel proud to be an American after listening to his speech and to know that this man will possibly be our president. I still have serious reservations, but the past is the past.

As for Palin, the game has officially started. This was nothing but a strategic political move to compete with the Democrat's dynamic ticket, and erase, for now, in this election the stereotype that the Republican Party is for country-club white men and southern conservatives.

Does anyone else think it's a little odd that McCain picked a fairly young and pretty woman to be on the ticket? Two extremes if you ask me.

An extremely odd choice, to be sure. The credibility argument certainly goes overboard. I read a disturbing suggestion somewhere earlier this afternoon which suggested that Palin would withdraw in a few days or a week to be replaced by someone like Romney. The excuse, ostensibly, would be to take care of her child. As insane as this seems, it might just make a sick kind of Rovian sense. Are Karl Rove and Co. cynical enough to design something like this? Remember how Cheney was hired to choose the Vice President for Bush II....

Whatever her qualifications for the job may be, I have also read that McCain met her only once before making his decision. She is an unknown, not only to the country and the world at large, but to him as well. Not fortuitous for a first big decision on McCain's part.

Politico

Here is something strange. McCain doesnt even know Palin. How do you make someone your running mate and you dont even know them? He first met her when he decided he wanted Palin as his running mate. While Obama has worked with Biden on national security. McCain said he picked her because of the way she handled the bridge to no where in Alaska.

^^^I was under the impression that she was FOR big oil because someone close to her works for cheveron.

NPR is already reporting her abuse of power that's under investigation. I'm listening to it now.

Anyway the argument that I always hear against Obama is that he's inexperienced and unqualified. I argue that just because someone had more experience doesn't necessarily make him/her more qualified. I've met many people in many fields of work that had tons of experience and still sucked at what they did where as others are just natural with it. This is the case for Obama. No he doesn't have the "experience" per say as mccain but he has already more than proven that he's more qualified than McCain by coming out of the bowels of the governing body and emerging as the party nominee in a shirt time. He's already demonstrated his ability to bring the country together. People need to look past the nitpicky details and look at the candidate as a whole. Who is more qualified? Seeing as how McCain has had all the time in the world to make a positive name for himself and the fact that he is still struggling, I think the choice is more than clear. I shutter to think of what kind of country we live in that elects the same old people and expects progress.

Archived