2008 US Presidential Race, Obama vs McCain

monsoon

Oh my, LOL Joe Scarborough, who has 3-4 hours of daily programming on MSNBC plus other air time, did nothing today but give air time to such "Democrats" as Mitt Romney & Rudy Giuliani who oddly enough were attending the DNC convention, and many other GOPers. Joe is a card carrying Republican and was elected to the congress as part of Gingrich's Republican "contract with Amercia". Scarborough is considered a very reliable conservative. And one of his regulars, Pat Buchanan was not only a senior advisor to Nixon, Ford and Reagan, he also ran for the GOP nomination for President in '92 and '96. Their commentary and slant on the show reflect their political backgrounds.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, very electric! ^

Obama's speech will be great because he is a gifted orator. We know that already. What needs working on is the response to Republican attacks. I don't approve of most of the GOP's messages but they you can't deny that they know how to win elections. The Obama campaign is not hitting back hard enough. Yet. Biden should help, he is a very good at zingers and quick responses. We can't let the Republicans define Obama before he gets out there and connects to more Americans. That's what doomed Kerry.

Al Gore will also be speaking tonight before Obama at 8:45p EDT. He is always worth a listen. Obama on at 10p EDT.

That packed stadium, especially in HD makes an impressive statement. Nothing like it in recent political history and in the lifetimes of most people in the USA.

The GOP attack dogs are already saying that the grandeur and sheer scale of this event are (you guessed it) "presumptuous."

My money is on Romney for McCain's running mate. The other two rumored possibilities are Pawlenty and Lieberman, either of whom would alienate the evangelicals even more than they already have been. That said, Pawlenty has cleared his schedule for the weekend, so we'll see....

Great, you find two people who out right claim their political leanings on MSNBC. While the rest of the cast claim independant status, at the same time bashing anything Republican in their wake. Old Joe won't be on MSNBC much longer now that Olbermann has been proclaimed leader of the NBC network. He got rid of Dan Abrams to replace him with Rachel Maddow, his friend. :rolleyes: Yes, how dare Scarborough have anyone from the oposition party on his show! I'm sure David Shuster will replace Scarborough any day now. What you want is total ideological control of the media in favor of the Democratic, left leaning party. This is NOT the American way! Shutting down debate and descent is exactly what is happening on MSNBC. Yet you have no problem with it, I guess because it suites your needs. I will not be silenced and I will not let this Tokyo Rose media continue without a fight. Olbermann is an arrogant punk and even Mathews has had enough of him...

I'm gonna be the party pooper here apparently, on the surface it is light and fun, but also can't help but notice the undercurrents of a hip-hop parody or something. Maybe that's the point, but the makers of this didn't also accidentally put Hillary's head on a black body and Obama's on a white body. I could be reading too much into it but it's noticeable.

The news is saying this constantly and so is everyone else, but no - he is perfectly biracial, half black, half white. End of story. If we insist on calling him an African American based on the fact he is half black then we can and should be equally referring to him as "white".

Archived